Call to undefined function pg_connect()

Username: fcmcfgpt

(please specify the website or account you are asking about) ron2.infinityfreeapp dot com/tester.php

Error Message:

(please share the FULL error message you see):
trying connecting from ron2.infinityfreeapp dot com/tester.php to elephantsql dot com
Fatal error : Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function pg_connect() in /home/vol13_5/epizy dot com/epiz_31717327/htdocs/tester.php:12 Stack trace: #0 {main} thrown in /home/vol13_5/epizy dot com/epiz_31717327/htdocs/tester.php on line 12

Other Information

(other information and details relevant to your question):
how do I able postgresql function in php.ini?
or how do I configure postgresql function to be functional?
I want to use the database in another site (elephantsql dot com), but the function pg_connect() doesnt work…

Welcome

You cannot edit the php.ini file on free hosting. Can you share the code in the tester.php file?

Thanks

5 Likes

We don’t have PostgreSQL databases with our hosting, so we don’t have PostgreSQL functions installed in our PHP stack. And of course: something that’s not there cannot be enabled through configuration.

Premium hosting does include PostgreSQL, both the PHP modules and the database server itself.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.