Can anyone kindly tell me how to install a free SSL Certificate on my site?

Hello all,

I have this website: http://tinnituscure.rf.gd/wp

I have been trying for the past few days to install a free SSL Certificate on this site. I have been through numerous youtube tutorials, forum topics etc., and still haven’t managed to do it. The process is really complex and it seems like some of the methods that I saw online do not function in my case. Can anyone tell me how to do it step by step? I would really appreciate it! Thank you!

Sincerely,
Arber

@arberzylfiu said:
Hello all,

I have this website: http://tinnituscure.rf.gd/wp

I have been trying for the past few days to install a free SSL Certificate on this site. I have been through numerous youtube tutorials, forum topics etc., and still haven’t managed to do it. The process is really complex and it seems like some of the methods that I saw online do not function in my case. Can anyone tell me how to do it step by step? I would really appreciate it! Thank you!

Sincerely,
Arber

Hi Arber,

Unfortunately, free SSL for subdomains is not currently possible to get.

If you move to a normal free domain (like .ml, .ga, .cf, .gq) or premium domain you can follow this guide: https://forum.infinityfree.com/discussion/4766/how-to-get-free-lets-encrypt-ssl-for-your-website

1 Like

We have an article about how to install an SSL certificate here: https://infinityfree.net/support/how-to-make-your-website-use-https/

As for the SSL certificate itself, you will need to get one first at whatever provider you want.

Thanks for your answer!

Do paid SSL Certificates work? If yes, what would you suggest for me as I am a beginner?

Hello Admin,

Thanks for your answer! I just got told by someone that Free SSL Certificates do not work with subdomains. Do paid SSL Certificates work for free subdomains? Where would you recommend me getting a paid one as I am a beginner?

I didn’t notice the duplicates. Both topics have been merged now.

It doesn’t really matter which SSL vendor you use. The certificate authority (usually Comodo) does most of the work, so there is not that much an SSL vendor does or can do.

@ChrisPAR very interesting information, I have subdomains with SSL

@Admin In my haste and panic I made two topics about my problem. Sorry for the trouble and thanks for the info!
@MrJunior Could care to elaborate how you made your subdomains with SSL? Where you got them from(cheapest options preferably :smiley: ) and a short tutorial how you installed them? Would really appreciate since this topic seems all new and a bit difficult for me.

Hi @arberzylfiu,
Yes, any SSL is installable here except for wildcard certs and multi domains.

@arberzylfiu the cheapest way is 0.00$ for you.

1. Register domain.
  2. Set nameservers to InfinityFree and add your domain into vPanel so you can manage its things on IF hosting-side.
  3. Set nameservers to Cloudflare without removing domain from InfinityFree’s vPanel.
  4. Add your domain to cloudflare system, basically it should scan your domain for DNS records and restore them, but sometimes it doesn’t work, but however you don’t really need them so you can start it over without any DNS saved from InfinityFree.
  5. Set up settings like encryption, caching and other things that CF provides.
  6. Let’s get your domain work with InfinityFree:
    6.1. Your domain “still” in InfinityFree network so it should accept connections, if you deleted domain from InfinityFree’s vPanel then it won’t work and probably will redirect to suspendeddomain.
    6.2. Go to your vPanel and in left menu bar search for Main Domain, should be like somethings.epizy.com.
    6.3. Go to DNS section(cloudflare) and set up CNAME record of your domain:
    CNAME | name | domain name
    CNAME | example.com | somethings.epizy.com

CNAME record will point your website to the same IP address that your main domain pointed to, you could use A record but it’s not recommended since your account IP may be changed without any warning.

6.4. Make sure all of your DNS go through CloudFlare, the cloud to the left of record should be orange.
6.5. Wait and test when your domain will get working with SSL, if you had experience with CloudFlare you know how to configure it i guess.
BTW: also add cname record with name www that points to your main.epizy.com or your own domain, since your own domain pointed to mainepizy domain you can use it instead of mainepizy to point subdomain to right IP.

1. Let’s get subdomain working!
    7.1. First, create the subdomain in vPanel. You go to InfinityFree cPanel, then to vPanel, clicking on Subdomains section and adding your subdomain, so it won’t redirect to suspendeddomain.
    7.2. Now you gotta add subdomain to your Cloudflare DNS section:
    **Record shouldn’t look like subdomain.domain.com points to domain.com, it should be like subdomain points to domain.com, I’ll give screenshot example below.
    So since you added DNS record and your subdomain works, it actually should be working with SSL, some screenshots and URLs I have for you:

LINKS:

1. My domain: mrjunior.ml → SSL secure
  2. Subdomain: api.mrjunior.ml → SSL secure as well.

ALSO: screenshot of my DNS record if you didn’t understand something. You can ask me also :wink:

I guess it will help you, @arberzylfiu! And can become kinda KB article, @Admin.

@MrJunior Thank you very much for the detailed explanation! Unfortunately I did not understand some steps :neutral: Can you please message me on skype: arberzylfiu. I would really appreciate it! Thanks again.

I would like to answer here, I’m not using common social networks and applications thought.