Cannot Activate Jetpack on WordPress installation

Hi, I have WordPress installed in my website http://ferrianto.ga
unfortunately, I cannot active one most important plugin for WordPress, Jetpack.
I have tried to delete the plugin, and reinstall it. I also have removed the jetpack folder from ftp and reinstall it. None of them works.

I always get this when I activate it:

Warning: require_once(/home/vol12_2/epizy.com/epiz_23949194/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/functions.photon.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/vol12_2/epizy.com/epiz_23949194/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/load-jetpack.php on line 53

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required ‘/home/vol12_2/epizy.com/epiz_23949194/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/functions.photon.php’ (include_path=‘.:/usr/share/pear/’) in /home/vol12_2/epizy.com/epiz_23949194/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/load-jetpack.php on line 53

I kindly ask anyone who can help me get through this problem, thanks in advance.

That means these files are missing:

1. Download fresh zip file from Jetpack – WP Security, Backup, Speed, & Growth – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org and extract it to your local storage

2. Delete jetpack folder in wp-content/plugins directory.

3. Upload the jetpack folder and its files from your local storage (aka your device storage) into plugins folder via FTP clients like Filezilla.

1 Like

Done. now I can activate it.
But, I face another problem.
Despite my site and my wordpress.com account is connected, there is red exclamation mark next to my site name.

This site cannot be accessed.

Can anyone tell me what the heck is wrong with infinityfree and jetpack?
First, you cannot install jatpack from wp-admin. So I had to use ftp.
Now, it’s not even ACTUALLY connected to wordpress.com.

https://infinityfree.net/support/javascript-error-using-api-or-mobile-android-app/

2 Likes

so basically, I activated Jetpack for nothing.
Thanks.

jetpack plugin is working fine in my test account in infinityfree.

Have you tried to post from Wordpress com?
One of the reasons I use Jetpack is to make me easier to post from WordPress mobile app, in order to do so I need to connect my website to wordpress using jetpack.

i can post using Wordpress Mobile App in mytestsite

Yep you can enable this easily. But you cannot login to this wordpress site via wordpess.com due the reason i mentioned above.

Have you actually tried it?
Turning the switch on doesn’t mean it’s working.

This is one of the downsides of free hosting.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.