Cannot send or receive emails, but keep getting email for a shipping company

I opened up my free hosting account the three days ago, but the email is not working properly. I cannot send email there from my Comcast or iCloud email as it bounces back stating "Host or domain name not found. ", nor can I receive emails sent from the webmail. I can only send email there from my Gmail account, which I do not understand why it works for that only. I do get emails at the webmail, but they are not for my me, they are for some shipping company and people keep asking for quotes for freight in asia.

I checked to make sure the MX setting were done, and set is as per noted on that page ( mx.epizy.com) , but there is also this other domain listed there (below) that is not mine and I cannot remove it.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

Domain | MX Record

| — |

|k5qz5ruh.epizy.com| mx.byetcluster.com. I 0 I

Could you try verifying your MX records through an external tool like MxToolbox?

The MX records can be set perfectly in the control panel, but that doesn’t always work. For example, if you’re using external nameservers, you need to add the MX records in the external nameservers as well.

Thank you for the prompt response. Here are the error messages from MyToolbox, but I do not know how to resolve these issues:

• MX LOOK UP -

DMARC Policy Not Enabled DMARC Quarantine/Reject policy not enabled

DMARC Record Published No DMARC Record found

• SMTP CHECK -

SMTP TLS Warning - Does not support TLS.

SMTP Banner Check Reverse DNS does not match SMTP Banner

Any ideas on how to correct these issues?

The errors you’ve shown are normal, we don’t publish DMARC records and our email server doesn’t support TLS yet. But that should not prevent you from receiving email, and definitely should not return “Host or domain name not found.” errors.

I suspected that the problem might be caused by the nameserver issues going on: Ongoing Nameserver Issues But it looks like you’ve already implemented the workarounds proposed there, which should help.

When did you last update your nameservers? If you did so recently, then maybe the problem is already resolved?

I just opened this account about a week ago and initally used the two servers listed in the control panel,

ns1.epizy.com
ns2.epizy.com

Unfortunately after waiting 72 hours, my site was still not available, so I checked the forum and found a post from last year with alternate servers to use, so I tried those and my site then worked, but the email has not worked right since.

I updated the name servers last night as suggested in the link you provided to -

ns1.byet.org , ns2.byet.org , ns3.byet.org , ns4.byet.org and ns5.byet.org

I have checked the email this morning and I can now receive emails there, but I cannot send any as they do not go through. I attempted to send three emails to three different addresses, none went through. I did get one bounce back from my iCloud email stating

Service unavailable; Client host [185.27.134.244] blocked using
zen.spamhaus.org; https://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/query/SBL278598

I have only had this account one week, I haven’t sent any emails except to myself trying to see if works, why it’s being marked as spam, I have no idea.

I just received the bounced back email from there and this was the response -

this is the mail system at host freemail.byetcluster.com.

I’m sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients. It’s attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system refused to talk to me:

185.27.134.244 found on one or more DNSBLs, see

http://postmaster.comcast.net/smtp-error-codes.php#BL000010

It looks like our email server has been temporarily blacklisted by some providers. I’m going to check with iFastNet if there is anything that can be done about it.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.