Cannot set up new site in DreamWeaver Mac

Hi, I am experiencing the exact issue stated here

I tried every solution mentioned on your support page below without success
https://infinityfree.net/support/i-cannot-connect-to-ftp/

What can I do? I tried to attach screenshots but can’t seem to be able to post more than one as I’m a new user.

Hello there,

There’s currently an ongoing issue with the FTP lately.
Please refer to this official announcement:

While yes, there are some ongoing issues with the FTP service, the FTP server has been working fine ever since yesterday morning, so this problem may not be caused by it.

Can you please try to connect with FileZilla and see if that works? It would be useful to figure out if this is a server or network issue or a DreamWeaver issue.

1 Like

Thank you - I just had a go and it did not work with FileZilla either.
I’m getting the below error
530 Login authentication failed

The “Login authentication failed” error suggests to me that either you’re not using the right password, the password is corrupted or your FTP access is not activated.

In any case, you should be able to access it after following the steps from this article:

My FTP access was definitely activated at the time, and I tried several time to ensure I was using the right password (that I also changed manually). I am not sure why but now I can get access through FileZilla, it just worked when I tried again so I thought I’d flag. However, I just tried again and still have the exact same issue with DreamWeaver, whether I use the supplied host name or IP address.

That may be caused by either changing the password or logging in to the control panel.

I don’t have DreamWeaver myself so I can’t check what the required setting are. As long as you’re using the same settings as in FileZilla, it should just work.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Just to note @ClaireD, someone else managed to get Dreamweaver to connect successfully, maybe this works for you too?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.