Cannot upload files

“error during FTP upload; permission denied” via File Manager (yes, i’m in htdocs folder)
using private FTP app it says “upload not allowed” after i have succesfully connected to the FTP.

Hello there,

Could you please check this Knowledge Base article first?

Also there is currently an ongoing issue with the FTP so you might want to check this announcement out:

1 Like

i saw that error before, with another account, but it is not what is going on now. i can log in and see the files, but this is a new account. i had this account before, i guess i didn’t use it? they deleted it. i remade it over again.

On which account do you experience this issue?

it is on the microwavewalrus.epizy.com account

I just uploaded a file to the account of microwavewalrus.epizy.com with our file manager and I didn’t get any error and the file uploaded successfully. Do you still experience this issue?

1 Like

yes. i still have the same issue. i see the file you uploaded - test.html? it says “hello world”. i can log in via either file manager or 3rd party FTP and see the files, but either one gives me “permission denied” error when i try to upload.

Yes, that’s the file I uploaded using our file manager.

What kind of files are you trying to upload actually? Maybe the type of files are being rejected, which could explain why I can upload my file and you can’t upload yours.

2 Likes

Try using Filezilla, and as @Admin said, it depends on your file.

I’m just trying to upload basic HTML, lol. I don’t think a different FTP program will help, because my other accounts work just fine using the ones I have. Maybe I’ll give it a shot…

looks like i found the issue, lol! i was trying to upload index.html when there already was one, and i couldn’t override the old file without renaming it first. hehehehe. thanks for the help, everyone…sorta…

sir i get error when i trying to access file manager error like

1 :- Could not read line from socket

2 :- The authentication operation time out.

please solve this issue sir :sob: :cry:

ThankYou

@developer429 please take a look at this:

2 Likes

my website was still running but i am not available to access file manager i need to upload a file or delete some file but i am not available to access the file manager i got 3 error now

1 :- Could not read line from socket

2 :- The authentication operation time out.

3 :- An Unknown error occurred during authentication

@developer429
Did you even read the announcement @Magnus provided you??

Also if FTP does not work so is the File Manager. File managers in web hosting requires FTP to work.

1 Like

ohh ok i wait hopefully they will will fix as quick as possible

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.