Can't add my domain to InfinityFree

Thanks a lot for your support, I really appreciate it. I’ll try it right now.

Yeah sadly it won’t do anything, always same error. Thaks a lot anyways.

try another domain but this is the choice

Yes, there are no other possibilities now, only @Admin can check to see who the domain is assigned to.

1 Like

Wait, I just noticed something, do you have any connections to the website https://www.theverge.com/ @Gabriele ?

Nope, I called this domain verge cause of my discord bot that is called Verge.

But just now I thinked, is it possible that the person who owns previously hosted the verge domain but then since 1 year passed, he created another domain called theverge to avoid paying more for the domain?

you may want this domain
verge.eu.org

1 Like

Yes, someone must have went through FreeNom or InfinityFree, to redirect the domain name verge.ga to theverge.com, the technology website, as it must be a special reserved domain and you slipped through the system with it, as it seems to be redirected at a registar level (Higher than what you would be able to overide).

Sorry About that.

1 Like

So where did you host your domain “verge.ga” before? Is this the first time you are trying to host it or have you hosted it somewhere else?

I never hosted it, I got the domain yesterday and tried to host it for the first time at InfinityFree

use another DOMAIN

1 Like

As said previously, the domain redirects at Registar level, possibly due to copyright issues between the domain verge.ga and theverge.com, an issue among large companies, especially the fact that everything does point to InfinityFree’s network, except the redirection ignores such.

Oh yeah I just noticed that his domain does redirect to theverge.com and you’re maybe right. Verge might have taken control over the domain already or something.

I understand. I might just go ahead and take another domain called vergebot.ga and resolve

yes that is the best way, or take @Erraticstuff advice and register verge.eu.org at eu.org. Either way, wish you look with your bot :slight_smile:

???

YW @HaydenANG

The domain verge.ga is currently assigned to another hosting account owned by someone else. It’s possible that this other person owned the domain on Freenom but let the domain expire there without removing it from their account with us.

It’s a bit tricky to check from our end who is the actual owner of the domain name, but here is something you can do:

1. Change your domain back to some other set of nameservers you can control (Freenom’s nameservers work fine for this).
  2. Add a CNAME record to those nameservers which point “infinityfree-verification.verge.ga” to “gabriele.verification.infinityfree.net”.

After you’ve done that (or if you need help with doing that), simply come back here, I can check if the records are correct. If they are, I can unpark the domain from the other account for you.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.