Can't configure SSL

When I originally tried to post, I got limited and it said I could only have two links in this post, so I put all the links I needed into a LinkTree, so I labeled each link on LinkTree.

Site: pointtechpodcast.ml

Error: “Your connection is not private
Attackers might be trying to steal your information from pointtechpodcast.ml (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more
NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID”
Basically, HTTPS doesn’t work

Explanation: So I setup SSL properly as the directions say to, by adding the CNAME record (videos I’ve watched show that there should be two records but I only have one, so I just added it), requesting the SSL, and adding it to my cPanel under Security>SSL/TLS. I am seeing that my site seems to have SSL but the root certificate is either missing or expired when I check on SSL Shopper here:

Then my concern is furthered when I go to my site in any Chromium-based browser as well as Safari, and click on the lock, and see that my certificate is valid but the two above it (I would presume to be the root and a sub-certificate, with mine listed as the third one, but I don’t know much about this so I’m not 100% sure) are both expired.
Here are some screenshots of the certificates along with some commentary lol: @lukeee1 | Linktree

1 Like

If you are using let’s encrypt, there may be problem. Try using another provider.

How?

app.infinityfree.net/ssls

Thanks so much for the detailed post, it is super helpful when all that info is given.

Since it looks like you are using LetsEncript, you may have issues because their root certificate expired (You don’t need to know what that means).

On app.InfinityFree.net/ssls, try creating a new certificate using GoGetSSL (Recommended) or ZeroSSL. If you want additional protection on your site, you can enable Cloudflare following the guide below.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions!

2 Likes

Awesome! I figured out how to delete my current SSL and then made a ZeroSSL instead, like you mentioned earlier. Thank you so much!!

1 Like

I tried working with Cloudflare before but they wouldn’t let me add my domain. I presume because it’s a .ml domain. I tried with a different SSL provider like you and @jaikrishna.t said and that worked perfectly using ZeroSSL. Thanks so much! Also, what’s that iOS app you’re using to see all those stats? I’d love to get it.

Cloudflare allows .ml domains (I have two on it myself), is it giving the “Cannot add your domain” error?

So glad the other SSL works!

As for the SSL, it’s actually in iOS 15 Safari! I don’t know how to view the screen if the certificate is valid, but when safari shows an SSL error, just tap “More Details” and “View the Certificate”. If you can figure out how to view the certificate on secured websites, please let me know! Amazing Memoji by the way.

Glad to hear that!

1 Like

Me too! Thanks so much! Awesome that Safari has that; thanks for letting me know! Let me try again with Cloudflare since it’s been about 2 weeks since I last tried.

1 Like

Follow up: Cloudflare seems to be working so far and I’m proceeding with setup! Thanks so much!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.