Can't connect to FTP, Home directory not available

epiz_28835284

Home directory not available.
Home directory not available - aborting.

Also, i can’t log in to Monsta FTP even though I use the right login info.

I get this message, the site was working fine before. Do i need to wait for it to be fixed or do i have to do something?

Thanks.

This is something you have to wait to be fixed. If it is not already fixed, it should be fixed soon.

Can you share the IP address of your account found in the client area if FTP is still not working?

4 Likes

The IP is 185.27.134.60 I think it’s not one of those that have problems, I read it in another topic.

Also, I get a 421 Home directory not available - aborting.
Let me know if I need to do anything or just wait.

Thanks.

Even I am facing the same issue. I am getting the error [421 Home directory not available - aborting].

ID: epiz_28942970
Website IP: 185.27.134.59.

I had created this account on 2021-06-22 and was working fine until a few weeks back. Today when I tried to upload new files, it gave the above-mentioned error ([421 Home directory not available - aborting]).

Please let me know if I need to provide any more information or if I need to follow any steps.

Thanks.

This happened before also. Check this post. I will be waiting for a solution or else I’ll have to
make a new account i guess.

I changed my FTP password and i still can’t connect to Monsta FTP.

It seems that there is a problem with the FTP connections to hosting volumes vol19_1 and vol19_2. Websites themselves seem to be working fine.

I’ve asked iFastNet for more information. In the mean time, please be patient while this is being resolved.

4 Likes

It is fixed for me, I managed to update my website and I have access to Monsta FTP. I will be waiting if something else happens and I can say that te problem is solved. Thank you once again.

4 Likes

Hi, I have the same problem ( 421 Home directory not available ).

The hosting volume is vol17_1
The host on login page of Monsta is 185.27.134.11

Please admin could you fix the problem?

Thanks in advance

The website IP is 185.27.134.33

1 Like

421 Home directory not available - aborting

epiz_32096426

Would appreciate it if you fixed it soon :pray:

[Username (e.g. epiz_XXX) or Website URL]

(https://greggw.infinityfreeapp.com/)

Error Message

|Response:|421 Home directory not available - aborting|
|Error:|Could not connect to server|

Other Information

Cannot connect to FTP Server. It worked a few days ago.

Sorry for incomplete information in the previous post.

The website is monfestinowebcam.infinityfreeapp.com
The username is epiz_32231526

Hi,

from yesterday 2022-11-24 14:54:00 UTC,
I have the same problem ( 421 Home directory not available ).

epiz_32231526 (Website for monfestinowebcam.infinityfreeapp.com)

The hosting volume is vol17_1
The host on login page of Monsta is 185.27.134.11
The website IP is 185.27.134.33

Please admin could you fix the problem?

Thanks in advance

Hi,
The same FTP problem I met.
Connection failed.
Home directory not available - aborting

WEBSITE IP
HOME DIRECTORY
/home/vol17_2/epizy.com/epiz_32814977

Can someone please help this?
Thank you.

We’re aware of the issue and we’re working on it. I don’t have any new information besides that.

Please don’t create more posts or topics about it. We don’t need more information from you and we don’t have more information we can give to you.

Please be patient. As soon as I know more, I’ll share it.

4 Likes

I have several programs that automatically FTP to update my website several times each day. Without FTP, my website is completely useless. While I understand the hosting is “free”, you have now kidnapped my website, maybe hoping I will upgrade, so effectively you are demanding a ransom. This needs to be fixed immediately. Without FTP capabilities, you cannot in good faith advertise as a hosting provider. At a minimum, advise new customers that FTP services are wholly unreliable.

No, we are not asking you to upgrade to premium, and few people are actually affected by this.

Since we care about you and your site, we are working to get this fixed, so you don’t have to pay, but we just don’t know how long it will take.

If you are tired of waiting, there are two options:

1. Upgrade to premium, but you probably are here because you don’t want to pay
  2. Create a new account and move your domain, files, and database over. New accounts should be generated on a hosting volume that is not affected by this issue.
5 Likes

Thanks for the quick response - much appreciated and I do sympathize with your problem. Both options can probably work for me, especially if it eliminates the “502 Bad Gateway” and “Secure Site Not Available” errors I frequently receive. However, it seems both options will require that I upload files, although I am new to all this, so maybe I am wrong. Since I cannot download the files from the existing website, not sure how I can upload the existing files to a new domain. Is there a work around for you to allow me to download my existing website files? I can wait until the FTP problem is resolved before changing, deleting or uploading new files. Thanks.

Please understand that this is not exactly the intended use case for our FTP service. Yes, it’s intended for website management, but something that you use occasionally to upload a new version of your code or install new software, not something that’s being used to automatically upload stuff frequently.

No. We did not tell you to upgrade and we do not tell you to upgrade. This is our fault and we need to fix it. I don’t know the nature of the issue exactly, so I also cannot guarantee that account migrations are not affected by this.

Only a few percent of all accounts are affected by this. Most people have working FTP. FTP being down for so long is extremely rare and has only happened a few times in the 6 years I’ve been using this platform.

Every company has issues at some point. We don’t guarantee 100% uptime and you shouldn’t assume that this is the case.

Switching to a different account is indeed difficult because pulling the files from the account is not really possible right now. If you have a backup of your website’s files, you may be able to work with that. And remember that your database is unaffected and can still be exported and migrated whenever you want.

4 Likes

Thanks. Since you do not automatically backup website files, I was going to create my own backup. That is when I discovered the FTP services would not let me download the files so I could have a current backup.

1 Like

I have the same issue my web site is down and ftp also.

epiz_28911907

WEBSITE IP

HOSTING VOLUME

vol17_1

HOME DIRECTORY

/home/vol17_1/epizy.com/epiz_28911907