Can't connect to mysql server

epiz_31022690

Hello there !
I’m trying to host a mysql db. I created it and have access with phpmyadmin but i can’t make a connection with mysqlworkbench or my api.

any tips ?

Thanks

What exactly is the error that you are getting? Please provide details if you would like detailed help.

If the code is custom, can you please share it?

1 Like

well tbh I’m not sure the info I’m providing are correct.
I took everything from MySQL Details
The error:
"
Cannot Connect to Database Server
Your connection attempt failed for user ‘epiz_31022690’ to the NySQL server at sql307.epizy.com:3306: Unable to connect to sql307.epizy.com:3306
"

Is there a more detailed dump? Maybe try enabling PHP Display Errors through cPanel.

By “detailed dump”, I mean an actual MySQLi error message and number or an actual PDO Error message/number. If your external code can make one of those, please provide it.

It’s not even with custom code here. I’m trying to connect with MySQLWorkbench to test the connection.

Does it work with regular MySQLi?
https://www.php.net/manual/en/mysqli.construct.php

Also, maybe consider this:

I am a little confused, but maybe this?

3 Likes

Definitely what @Greenreader9 said. Our database servers are not accessible from the internet, which means you cannot use MySQL Workbench or other applications to connect to it. You can only interact with your database from PHP code running on your website and our phpMyAdmin installation.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.