Can't connect to the ftp server

I’m new to infinity free, I’m trying to upload files using FTP, I already downloaded FileZilla and inputed the username and password but still I cant login to the server.

Here’s the error message

Response: 220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [privsep] [TLS] ----------
Response: 220-You are user number 1312 of 6900 allowed.
Response: 220-Local time is now 10:08. Server port: 21.
Response: 220-This is a private system - No anonymous login
Response: 220 You will be disconnected after 60 seconds of inactivity.

None of that is an error messages. Those are simply logs that the server is giving you, nothing wrong with it.
The first message is welcoming you, the second telling you what user you are, the third telling you port and time, the forth saying it is a private, logon only system and the last one saying that if you are inactive for 1 minute you will be disconnected.

There is no error message anywhere in there - you are logged in and can upload files.

2 Likes

No I cannot upload files, the remote site does not show in the right side.
I using the username and password of my vpanel account to access but it seems like it does not recognize my credentials

From the logs you have provided though, everything is fine.

Can you please provide the FULL logs? Not just the part which you think is relevant (but @Magnus already told you is not)?

1 Like

Here’s the full log

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message…
Response: 220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [privsep] [TLS] ----------
Response: 220-You are user number 1142 of 6900 allowed.
Response: 220-Local time is now 12:15. Server port: 21.
Response: 220-This is a private system - No anonymous login
Response: 220 You will be disconnected after 60 seconds of inactivity.
Command: AUTH TLS
Error: Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity
Error: Could not connect to server

Remote files and folders not showing up

I’ve sent the full logs and a screenshot. Can someone please check…

It seems like you’re connecting to the FTP server with Explicit TLS, but the connection or the firewall denies the connection. Can you try to connect with Plain FTP instead? That should fix the issue.

2 Likes

Alternatively, try to connect over a VPN, or contact your network administrator or internet provider about this. Plain FTP is not secure and not recommended.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.