Can't Edit Anything in Subdomain?

epiz_30529945

Whenever I try to do anything within file manager, I get an error saying ‘Error during [action] directory, permission denied at "/htdocs

I can’t code, delete, create, or edit files, only view things.

Furthermore, whenever I go to my website it says:

This site can’t provide a secure connectionshadysean.42web.io sent an invalid response.
Try running Connectivity Diagnostics.
ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

Is there anything I can do, please don’t just tell me to create a new account because this is the only subdomain I would use for various reasons.

This is my first time using infinityfree, so I’m a bit confused about all these errors and how I can only view files (I am the owner, I created the account/subdomain)

If anyone can help me that would be great!

1 Like

Welcome to the fourm!

That’s because you only have permission to edit files within the htdocs folder, not outside of it.

You need an SSL certificate to use HTTPS on your website. See the guide below.

3 Likes

Hello,

I can’t edit files inside the htdocs folder either, not sure why still.

Also, I set up a SSL certificate but it says I need a CNAME something, I’m not sure how to do that either in the control panel.

Read the article I posted above. It is explains that you have to add them in the control panels “CNAME” section.

Can you screenshot the area you are trying to upload files to?

I can now edit files and delete things, fixed (I’m not sure how but thanks)

About the CNAMES, I’m there at

Is this all I need to do?

Yep! Now you just have to wait a few hours for it to verify, so check back in the client area in a few hours.

I visited my site and I still get the error that I got at the beginning,

This site can’t provide a secure connection 
shadysean.42web.io sent an invalid response.
Try running Connectivity Diagnostics.
ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

I inserted an index.html file in /htdocs with some text code, but I can’t access my site due to the error above.

If you access your site in incognito, you realize you didn’t install your certificate yet. Recheck your client area. Did they give you the certificate yet?

Yep, I didn’t realize that @Greenreader9 said I had to wait.

Yes, you need to wait for that red box to turn green and say “Ready”. Once it does, you need to go back to that article I posted above for instructions on how to upload your certificate.

1 Like

It was extremely complicated for me but I managed to do it, my website is now up and running!

Thank so you much for everything, I would not be able to do this without you :D

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.