Can't login to my website

Username (e.g. epiz_XXX) or Website URL

sudokusystem.com

Error Message

When I type in the url by itself or with /wp_admin

it changes to :

http://ww01.sudokusystem.com/?pid=9POT3387I&pbsubid=13cd1b62-e5b6-6e33-77a8-94acf4a2e2f2&noads=http%3A%2F%2Fww01.sudokusystem.com%2F%3Fskipskenzo%3Dtrue

and just a white screen

Other Information

I have uploaded Wordpress & have an SSL certificate.

I tried changing the config.php file.

I changed the line: define( ‘DB_USER’, ‘SudokuAdmin’ );
SudokuAdmin is the user_name from my database
AND
I changed the line: define( ‘DB_PASSWORD’, ‘********’ );
******** is the user_pass from my database (not actually
asterisks)

Can you help ? Thanks, Rod

I believe you are using the wrong DB.
It should be epiz_********

3 Likes

This is because your domain name is currently pointing to Bodis, a domain parking service we use for unused domains. Your site shouldn’t point to it though, but it’s a known bug that new accounts sometimes are not set up correctly.

To fix this, you can go into the control panel and go to Addon Domains. From there, you can remove the domain from your account and add it again. This will ensure that the correct settings are generated on our end.

Two things to note if you do this: the updated settings include a DNS change, which can take up to 72 hours to be visible everywhere (more info). And recreating the domain will result from the domain being linked to the main htdocs folder to a separate domain folder sudokusystem.com/htdocs, so you’ll need.

Is this a new site or are you migrating an existing one? If it’s the former, you shouldn’t have to touch the config file. You can install WordPress with Softaculous, in which case you don’t have to touch any files, and if you prefer manual installation you’d generate the config file through the installation wizard.

If you are migrating an existing site, please check the details in the MySQL Databases in the control panel for what to use, and use the values shown there.

And don’t use backup/migration plugins. They tend to break. Just follow the official process from both us and WordPress and just copy the files and database contents: How to migrate your website to InfinityFree

6 Likes

It’s an old site for which I had HostGator as the host. Because it was not generating enough to cover costs, I switched to Free Infinity. but have had to start from scratch.

I assume that I am not able to simply upload my site from a full Filezilla backup or my Updraft plugin backup , once the problems are fixed ??

Thanks so much. I will try your suggestions. Rod

After : To fix this, you can go into the control panel and go to Addon Domains. From there, you can remove the domain from your account and add it again.

Will I have to upload Wordpress & an SSL certificate again. I.E. start from scratch ?

thanks

In Control Panel, Addon Domains, I received :
This domain name is not registered, we can register this domain name for you

To register the domain name sudukosystem.com click here

When I checked GoDaddy after this :
Nameservers
ns1.epizy.com
ns2.epizy.com

Hosting Accounts

Your Accounts

epiz_33344589

SudokuSystem.com

YET :

Domains on epiz_33344589

|Domain|Type|Directory|File Manager|

|No domains found on this account|

The nameservers on your domain are correct, but its not connected to the hosting infrastructure.

Please note that the label of an account does not tell you what domains are connected to it, you need to use the control panel for that.

If the “Addon Domains” section in the control panel is empty, the domain is not connected to that account. You can add the domain via the “Addon Domains” section, or my creating a new hosting account in the client area.

You can use FileZilla to upload a backup, yes, but you can’t use a backup plugin, as the file they generate are to large.

4 Likes

I guess I’ll have to create a new hosting account in the client area. because ,
In Control Panel, Addon Domains, I received :
This domain name is not registered, we can register this domain name for you.

What a pain !

Thanks

Most likely you have to wait for dns propagation before you can add domain to hosting account.

Take note of these

The domain sudUkOsystem.com is indeed not registered, but your domain is sudOkUsystem.com.

Please make sure to enter the domain correctly without typos.

Do you want to restore from a backup or start from scratch? Building a completely new site or moving in an existing site are the exact opposite, so you can’t start from scratch and import a backup.

No. Like I said:

All you need to do is move the files (not reupload them) and reinstall the SSL certificate (no need to get a new one, just click the Install button again from the client area).

4 Likes

“All you need to do is move the files” I will be copying them from my hard drive to /htdocs, Correct ?

My site used several plugins. Would I have to reinstall the plugins ? or would they have been saved in my hard drive backup ?

Here’s a list of the backup files from the original SudokuSystem file folder from HostGator (Would I upload all the files & folders ?) :

Also 5 more files: sds, sds2, shadow, shell, version
Thanks,
Rod

When I post here I get : An error occurred: Sorry, new users can only put 2 links in a post.
So I will substitute ‘MY WEBSITE’ for SudokuSystem DOT com

DNSChecker.org : DNS check for MY WEBSITE shows all checkmarks

The TLS / SSL manager shows that MY WEBSITE is SSL enabled.

Yet when I type MY WEBSITE into the browser, it still yields :

(http://ww01.MY WEBSITE/?pid=9POT3387I&pbsubid=3f4b2696-bff6-35a6-b8be-8b484853c248&noads=

http%3A%2F%2Fww01.MY WEBSITE%2F%3Fskipskenzo%3Dtrue)

No. Just move the files from the htdocs folder to the sudokusystem.com/htdocs. Don’t copy, don’t upload.

If you have the files and the database of your site, you have the entire site. All posts, pages, plugins, themes, settings are all contained in it.

That looks like a cPanel Full Account Backup. It can be used, but you’ll have to untangle the relevant files from cPanel’s somewhat cryptic backup structure.

If you still have access to the original hosting account, I would recommend just following our migration guide (and export your website files and database contents separately from HostGator).

If not, then know that everything is in the full account backup, it’s just a bit harder to work with as you’ll need to untangle the relevant files from the backup yourself.

3 Likes

As per my last 3 posts (should have been 1 post, but forum restricts # of site names) I’m still having the original problem. So frustrating.

Site works fine for me, take a look at this:

It’s currently empty, but if you follow Admin’s instructions above you should be good to go.

4 Likes

I’m sorry to say that this problem will not fix itself. You’ll need to take action to make sure your site is restored.

You can either move the files from the htdocs directory to the sudokusystem.com/htdocs directory on your account.

I just did this for you. Also because I had an idea on what could be an extremely easy way to do this, which I’m happy to say worked.

The process goes as follows:

1. Open the file manager of your hosting account.
  2. Go to the sudokusystem.com directory, and delete the htdocs directory located there.
  3. Go back to the base folder.
  4. Right click the htdocs folder in the base folder and click Cut.
  5. Go back to the sudokusystem.com directory, right click anywhere in the window and click Paste.

That’s it! Files are moved to the right location. Assuming the original website was working before, it will now be live once again!

Your website still didn’t work because the database user was incorrect. I changed that to the correct value (the value to use is clearly displayed in both the control panel and client area), and now the website is loading again.

Looking at the website, it seems to be pretty much a clean WordPress installation. I’m assuming that this isn’t the website you tried to migrate in.

If you still have access to the old HostGator account, I recommend to migrate your website using the process recommended by both us and by WordPress:

If you don’t have the original hosting account anymore and only have the Full Account Backup, we can make do. But please be clear about what you want and what your options are.

I really want to help make your website work. But I can only help you if you answer my questions and follow my instructions. If you don’t want to, that’s also fine, but then you’re on your own.

5 Likes