Hosting Accounts

Your Accounts

epiz_33344589

SudokuSystem.com

YET :

Domains on epiz_33344589

|Domain|Type|Directory|File Manager|

|No domains found on this account|

The nameservers on your domain are correct, but its not connected to the hosting infrastructure.

Please note that the label of an account does not tell you what domains are connected to it, you need to use the control panel for that.

If the “Addon Domains” section in the control panel is empty, the domain is not connected to that account. You can add the domain via the “Addon Domains” section, or my creating a new hosting account in the client area.

You can use FileZilla to upload a backup, yes, but you can’t use a backup plugin, as the file they generate are to large.

4 Likes

I guess I’ll have to create a new hosting account in the client area. because ,
In Control Panel, Addon Domains, I received :
This domain name is not registered, we can register this domain name for you.

What a pain !

Thanks

Most likely you have to wait for dns propagation before you can add domain to hosting account.

Take note of these

The domain sudUkOsystem.com is indeed not registered, but your domain is sudOkUsystem.com.

Please make sure to enter the domain correctly without typos.

Do you want to restore from a backup or start from scratch? Building a completely new site or moving in an existing site are the exact opposite, so you can’t start from scratch and import a backup.

No. Like I said:

All you need to do is move the files (not reupload them) and reinstall the SSL certificate (no need to get a new one, just click the Install button again from the client area).

4 Likes

“All you need to do is move the files” I will be copying them from my hard drive to /htdocs, Correct ?

My site used several plugins. Would I have to reinstall the plugins ? or would they have been saved in my hard drive backup ?

Here’s a list of the backup files from the original SudokuSystem file folder from HostGator (Would I upload all the files & folders ?) :

Also 5 more files: sds, sds2, shadow, shell, version
Thanks,
Rod

When I post here I get : An error occurred: Sorry, new users can only put 2 links in a post.
So I will substitute ‘MY WEBSITE’ for SudokuSystem DOT com

DNSChecker.org : DNS check for MY WEBSITE shows all checkmarks

The TLS / SSL manager shows that MY WEBSITE is SSL enabled.

Yet when I type MY WEBSITE into the browser, it still yields :

(http://ww01.MY WEBSITE/?pid=9POT3387I&pbsubid=3f4b2696-bff6-35a6-b8be-8b484853c248&noads=

http%3A%2F%2Fww01.MY WEBSITE%2F%3Fskipskenzo%3Dtrue)

No. Just move the files from the htdocs folder to the sudokusystem.com/htdocs. Don’t copy, don’t upload.

If you have the files and the database of your site, you have the entire site. All posts, pages, plugins, themes, settings are all contained in it.

That looks like a cPanel Full Account Backup. It can be used, but you’ll have to untangle the relevant files from cPanel’s somewhat cryptic backup structure.

If you still have access to the original hosting account, I would recommend just following our migration guide (and export your website files and database contents separately from HostGator).

If not, then know that everything is in the full account backup, it’s just a bit harder to work with as you’ll need to untangle the relevant files from the backup yourself.

3 Likes

As per my last 3 posts (should have been 1 post, but forum restricts # of site names) I’m still having the original problem. So frustrating.

Site works fine for me, take a look at this:

It’s currently empty, but if you follow Admin’s instructions above you should be good to go.

4 Likes

I’m sorry to say that this problem will not fix itself. You’ll need to take action to make sure your site is restored.

You can either move the files from the htdocs directory to the sudokusystem.com/htdocs directory on your account.

I just did this for you. Also because I had an idea on what could be an extremely easy way to do this, which I’m happy to say worked.

The process goes as follows:

1. Open the file manager of your hosting account.
  2. Go to the sudokusystem.com directory, and delete the htdocs directory located there.
  3. Go back to the base folder.
  4. Right click the htdocs folder in the base folder and click Cut.
  5. Go back to the sudokusystem.com directory, right click anywhere in the window and click Paste.

That’s it! Files are moved to the right location. Assuming the original website was working before, it will now be live once again!

Your website still didn’t work because the database user was incorrect. I changed that to the correct value (the value to use is clearly displayed in both the control panel and client area), and now the website is loading again.

Looking at the website, it seems to be pretty much a clean WordPress installation. I’m assuming that this isn’t the website you tried to migrate in.

If you still have access to the old HostGator account, I recommend to migrate your website using the process recommended by both us and by WordPress:

If you don’t have the original hosting account anymore and only have the Full Account Backup, we can make do. But please be clear about what you want and what your options are.

I really want to help make your website work. But I can only help you if you answer my questions and follow my instructions. If you don’t want to, that’s also fine, but then you’re on your own.

5 Likes

Thanks so much. The backup from HostGator to my hard drive to Infinity seemed to go seemlessly so far. (Still uploading).

One thing that was not clear was where HTDOCS says “files for your website should be uploaded here”, it was not specific if I should include the wp-admin, wp-content & wp-includes folders.

Since so much of my content was in these folders, I also uploaded them.

Still not sure of : “If you have a PHP based website (which I did) , check if it has any configuration files where a domain name or file path needs to be set.”

I assume my domain name is sudokusystem.com but would the path be :

sukokusystem.com/htdocs or something more like :

/home/vol5_7/epizy.com/epiz_33344589/sukokusystem.com/htdocs ?

Or a version of those ?

Thanks again for your help.

Rod

1 Like

The place where files should be uploaded should have all files and folder of your website. This also includes the wp-admin, wp-content and wp-includes folder. Please make sure to upload the entire folder as-is, as the directory structure of the files is also important for your site to work.

In other words, if you upload everything in the parent directory that contains the wp-includes, wp-content and wp-admin folders, you should be good.

It depends on your website what exactly is needed. But core WordPress doesn’t need any path configurations to be set, so you can ignore that part.

5 Likes

searched for [How do I change my DNS on Infinityfree?]
How do I change my DNS record?

Modify Existing DNS Record

1. Under DNS Manager, scroll down and find the record you wish to modify.
  2. From the right side of the record, click the ⋮ (ellipses) icon, then click Edit from the menu that pops up.
  3. Enter any changes you wish to make.
  4. Click the Save button.

I CANNOT SEE a DNS MANAGER in the Control Panel. (except to change CName Records … which won’t let me add a text record)

I need to add a TXT record so that Google can Verify domain ownership.

CNames records point to ns1.epizy.com, ns2.epizy.com

A while back I changed them (originally Go Daddy).

I don’t know where you got that information from, but I can tell you those instructions do not apply here, and IIRC the buttons and links described do not exist in our panel at all.

The SPF Records tool also creates DNS records. SPF records are a specific type of TXT records, but the control panel doesn’t check the input value to see if it’s valid SPF, and so it will accept any type of TXT record.

And that’s ignoring all the other validation methods Google offers. I’ve verified websites with HTML files, Analytics code, meta tags and CNAME records. So the “I need to add a TXT record” seems very unlikely to me, because Google always offers multiple ways.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.