mediainc.infinityfreeapp.com

I get suspended account message if I go though my domain

If I type the address as above it works - mediainc.infinityfreeapp.com
A ping to the IP address given on my account fails

You can’t ping InfinityFree websites.

I don’t see that message when I enter your domain:

Try clearing your cache.

5 Likes

If I go via www.mediainc.co.uk despite clearing cache I get suspended account message.

mediainc.infinityfreeapp.com does work but that is not how the website is normally accessed.

That is because there is no account assigned with that domain:

Please add this domain to your hosting account (first by changing your nameservers).
You can add it as a parked domain, so that it will show the same website as your infinityfreeapp.com one.

6 Likes

Firstly I should say that all was working fine, for years, until a week or so ago.
Anyway I have changed the name servers, as suggested, to ns1.epizy.com and ns2.epizy.com and deleted the previous ones. I already had the mediainc co uk url pointing to http:// mediainc,infinityfreeapp,com and the DNS manager A Record to 185.27.134.142
Guess I’ll have to wait and see if this resolves.
Thank you for your assistance.

Well, your domain name is not assigned to any account right now, so this will not resolve itself.

To fix this, please go into the control panel and add the domain to your account through the Addon Domains or Parked Domains section.

If you’re wondering which one you should use:

After adding the domain, you can try it again in the Domain Checker and it should say everything is good there. But note that it may still take up to 72 hours for your website to start working due to DNS caching.

4 Likes

Well I’ve actioned all that and I’ll guess I’ll have to be patient.

Now all email has stopped working (major disaster). I’ve added mx.epizy.com into the mail server DNS and I see that mx.mediainc.co.uk is also there. But is forwarding no longer being handled for free? Two questions. Do I need both MX addresses and am I going to have to pay now for forwarding?

Just to add, as it might be helpful, the failure to deliver notice below:

Final-Recipient: rfc822; xxx @ mediainc.co.uk
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: dns; mx, mediainc, co, uk, (185.27.134.244, the server for the domain mediainc co uk.)
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 554 5.7.1 <xxx @ mediainc.co.uk>: Relay access denied
Last-Attempt-Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2022 06:51:06 -0800 (PST)

I also note that IP is different to the 185.27.134.142 that I have listed.

Please excuse my lack of knowledge on all this.

We don’t provide email hosting (anymore). If you want to receive email on your domain, you’ll need to configure your domain’s MX records to use the mail servers of your email provider. So please don’t add mx.epizy.com to your domain’s MX records (unless you have a grandfathered email account from us which you want to use).

Your MX records currently point to those from megamailservers.com, which seems a lot more plausible that they can receive your email.

4 Likes

I hadn’t realised about the emails until they failed which is why I have just switched to using the recommended MX servers of the company I purchased the domain names from.

All but one of my domains is now forwarding correctly to their websites. No doubt time and NS propagation will win through.

Thank you for your help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.