Can't recieve e-mails from my website

I’ve published my website and there are pages with forms on them, the emails are correct but ive tried to send a form on the website and i don’t recieve anything…what have i done wrong???

Did you check the KB article? https://infinityfree.net/support/php-mail/

Im not sure, I just want to recieve emails from my website. I have a contact form on the website, If anyone tries to fill in the form on the website it doesn’t send to my email.

@Ammaarahn said:
Im not sure, I just want to recieve emails from my website. I have a contact form on the website, If anyone tries to fill in the form on the website it doesn’t send to my email.

Well, if you aren’t sure you checked the article, you might want to review it again. We write them because we believe their contents will help people and I think this article answers your question.

No, I have read it, i’m just still not sure about what i’m doing wrong.

@Ammaarahn said:
No, I have read it, i’m just still not sure about what i’m doing wrong.

Well, then you didn’t read it properly. What makes you so sure you’re doing something wrong and it’s not a system restriction?

I’m not really sure what that means- how would I know if it was a sytem restriction? I’ll re-read again, but i’m pretty sure im re-reading the same things I dont understand. Will you help me please?

I’ve re-read it and i’m REALLY GENUINLY still confused. If I tell you what i’ve done could you maybe see what im doing wrong? :disappointed:

Whilst making my website, I added a form onto one of the pages. (Click and dragged from the toolbar)
I double clicked the Form and In the properties section of the form, I filled out the bit that says “Email Settings”. I’ve filled in both the two top parts “Email will be sent to this email” and “Form will be sent from this email”
I’m not intending on sending any forms from my website- just receiving completed ones that people leave on the website- Do i need to unfill this box?
I’ve filled in both the “subject” and “form sent message” boxes too.
After that there’s a few boxes with something called “SMTP enable” (I know for a fact thats not in the ol’ KB Article that I HAVE READ- many times), Is there something here that I need to fill in to be able to RECIEVE COMPLETED FORMS from my website??? If so -how??? Im completely stupid when it comes to any of this! which is why im here asking for help- please?!

Don’t get me wrong, I get what you mean about the whole google not allowing you to send if its not from your actual email- but a freind did manage to complete and send a form using the website. We were checking to make sure it worked, it sent one then after that it hasn’t worked again. Whenever anyone tries to submit a form it says " Form sending failed."
What am I doing wrong???
I just want to recieve completed forms to my email- what do I have to do to get this right???
I swear I HAVE read the KB article- many times and i’m not finding it helpful AT ALL! I don’t want to send an email from my website- i just want to recieve completed forms to my email- from my website (if that makes sense) :cry: - this is genuinly- physically- in no way am I lying- a SERIOUS call for help- so if you can, please help me and if not, please direct me to someone who can or a KB article that actually wants to help. :tired_face:
THANKS!

Well, there is a purposely bolded paragraph in the article:

At the moment, you can only send registration and activation e-mails through PHP mail(). Outbound e-mails are filtered based on templates for registration, activation and confirmation e-mails. Other types of e-mail, like contact requests, newsletters, notifications, etc. will be dropped and not be delivered to your recipient.

If you still don’t understand it, what it says here is: all your emails may be trashed by our mail servers regardless of your settings.

Right… I get that,
It says
“send” and goes on to talk about “outbound” e-mails, what about recieving? Thats what i’m asking about. I’m probably being really thick, are the messages i want to recieve connected to this? Does this mean the form function on the website WILL NEVER work no matter what I do… so basically no-one can fill in ANY contact forms I put on the website??? I’ll never recieve anything anyone fills in???

@Ammaarahn said:
Right… I get that,
It says
“send” and goes on to talk about “outbound” e-mails, what about recieving? Thats what i’m asking about. I’m probably being really thick, are the messages i want to recieve connected to this? Does this mean the form function on the website WILL NEVER work no matter what I do… so basically no-one can fill in ANY contact forms I put on the website??? I’ll never recieve anything anyone fills in???

Emails in relation to hosting accounts can be categorized as “outbound” and “inbound”. “Inbound” emails are emails sent from other email providers to your mailboxes or forwarders hosted here. “Outbound” email refers to emails sent from your website or mailbox to other addresses.

Essentially, all email you send on your website is “outbound”, regardless of whether you’re looking whether you can send it or someone else can receive it.

Outbound email from your website is extremely unlikely to work if you are using PHP mail. If you are using SMTP, you are not using our email system to send outbound email, so you can bypass our filters.

Ahhh, I get it now, that makes sense. So I have to fill in the SMTP boxes, thank you so much!
I guess I was just being thick!
Like I said I have zero knowledge about anything technology based, any tips on filling in the SMTP boxes? I know i’m using a gmail account-if that helps

@Ammaarahn said:
Ahhh, I get it now, that makes sense. So I have to fill in the SMTP boxes, thank you so much!
I guess I was just being thick!
Like I said I have zero knowledge about anything technology based, any tips on filling in the SMTP boxes? I know i’m using a gmail account-if that helps

We have an article about how to send email with Gmail’s SMTP servers here: https://infinityfree.net/support/how-to-send-email-with-gmail-smtp/

I treid doing said and I turned less decure apps on, but it still hasn’t worked. I think i’m filling in the host and port bits wrong and which is it tls or ssl. I’m just not sure what to put in each.