Can't uninstall software

I’m trying to uninstall some of the software packages I’ve installed, but when I try to use Softaculous to do so, it gives, “It appears your account has fully used it’s inode allocation, you will need to delete files to reduce inodes before the script installer will work, or upgrade to premium hosting where we offer over 400,000 inodes !”

This seems a bit ridiculous—I can’t uninstall software to reduce the number of inodes I’m using because I’m using too many inodes!

I’m sorry, but what are you looking to install? Trying to reduce the number of files in your account by adding more files seems a bit counter productive to me? Depending on what’s currently on your account, you can either remove installed scripts through Softaculous or use a file manager or FTP client to delete files manually.

And just how am I supposed to remove installed scripts through Softaculous when, when I try to launch Softaculous, it says, “It appears your account has fully used it’s inode allocation, you will need to delete files to reduce inodes before the script installer will work, or upgrade to premium hosting where we offer over 400,000 inodes !”?

@Calion said:
And just how am I supposed to remove installed scripts through Softaculous when, when I try to launch Softaculous, it says, “It appears your account has fully used it’s inode allocation, you will need to delete files to reduce inodes before the script installer will work, or upgrade to premium hosting where we offer over 400,000 inodes !”?

Oops. Yes, that won’t work then.

You can just delete the installation directory through FTP or a file manager to reduce your inode usage.