Can't view my website if not started with Local app

Username : jordancosse

Hello,

It’s been 1 week I try to configure my website on infinityfree.

Everything has been uploaded (correctly I suppose) but I still can’t view my website on the net if my Local application isn’t started.

Error message :

Request Error

The page you requested generated a server error and could not be processed.
If you continue to get this message after refreshing, try restarting the Local site.

If the error persists, check the Local Router Logs in Local by going to
Help » Reveal Local Router’s Logs.**

Where is the issue please ?

Thank you

Jordan

Is your website requesting data from your local PC (via localhost domain)?

Also, some IPs are down right now, this may be affecting you.

ok to me

2 Likes

I uploaded via FTP all the Local files in /htdocs.
I suppose now that I don’t need my Local application where I built my website to be on for the infinity free website to work, isn’t it ?

Hi KangJL,

This website was built with Mac and “Local” (this is the name of the app). This is very strange because the screen you posted has been realized when I connected to jordan-cosse.fr with my iPad, with the same wordpress account I built my website (I made an import which worked partially - no media import worked). And the issue is that I don’t retrieve the Local files I used to built my website whith that account that I suppose it should be because this is the same account. Where is my mistake ?

Maybe are you right wackyblackie about IPs that are down because my browser says now it can’t connect to server (message changed).
Any news from infinityfree about the time it spends ?

DO you mean LocalWP by FlyWheels? If so, please follow the official community guide:

1 Like

Your site is indeed broken as many required plugins do not exist.

Maybe this would help

2 Likes

Do you know any free backup plugin ?

Backup plugins do not work well on free hosting.
This is the preferred method

4 Likes

Backup plugins are not recommended on free hosting since they take up a lot of server resources and lead to quick suspension. See the guide @KangJL posted on how to backup your website here.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.