$cfg['Servers'][$i]['relation'] disabled on PHPmyadmin

Hello I wonder if there any possibility to enable $cfg[‘Servers’][$i][‘relation’] on PHPmyAdmin

thanks in advance!

You can’t edit the source code of our phpMyAdmin installation, it’s one installation which is used by all users so obviously we cannot let you tinker with something like that.

There is probably a reason the option was disabled, but I don’t know every configuration parameter of phpMyAdmin by heart. What does that option do?

@Admin said:
You can’t edit the source code of our phpMyAdmin installation, it’s one installation which is used by all users so obviously we cannot let you tinker with something like that.

There is probably a reason the option was disabled, but I don’t know every configuration parameter of phpMyAdmin by heart. What does that option do?

HERE: Configuration — phpMyAdmin 5.1.4 documentation
Kindly Note the link has an anchor #cfg_Servers_relation .

I just google’d it.

Best regards.

Ah, it’s about enabling the foreign key relations in phpMyAdmin!

The option is not available in phpMyAdmin because the databases don’t support foreign keys. All free hosting databases use the MyISAM storage engine, which doesn’t support foreign keys.

So enabling the option in phpMyAdmin would be quite pointless because there wouldn’t be any relations to manage in the first place.

thanks for the fast replies, really appreciate it!

yea its foreign keys on mysql, i wasnt sure if myISAM support them, but i knew something about, too many years since i studied this :3

i should find another way, btw, i was 8 years straight on the same free hosting, i changed into infinityfree due to loading delay with javascript on the other server. Im really happy so far with infinityfree host, keep the good work!