Change FTP Hostname in Client Area

I think since ftpupload.net does not work for FTP logins anymore, the FTP Hostname on the Client Area should be changed to ftp.epizy.com or another ftp-subdomain that InfinityFree uses.

Now:
What it should be (in the future):

It only does not work for you

That’s not what I have seen in this forum. People are saying that ftp doesn’t work, there are suggestions --even from admin-- to try ftp.epizy.com, then the OP says it works. Coincidence? Maybe.

I use WinSCP and it did not connect with ftpupload.net, but it did work with ftp.rf.gd. I also tried it in an online ftp client, and it worked with ftpupload.net.

It is a little peculiar.

It works for some, but not all. The thought is that a anti-visus software is blocking it. Also, this should be in the “Informal” catagory, as you don’t need support.

Maybe windows defender is blocking? dunno.

Although, for the category:

Says “Hosting support” includes “issues, bugs, errors”.
and Informal:

Chit-chat, debates, etc. So I wasn’t really sure, but I’ll change it.

In the last week or so I went in-depth about why I don’t think this is a good idea:

The overwhelming majority of people do not have any issues with ftpupload.net, only those with bad virus scanners or network filters do. And the SSL certificate on our FTP server is for ftpupload.net, not for ftp.epizy.com or any other hostname, so you’ll get SSL errors if you try to use another hosting name pointing to the FTP server IP.

We tell people to use ftp.epizy.com as a workaround if ftpupload.net does not work. If ftpupload.net does work for you, you should use it instead.

In my opinion this is fine for hosting support. It’s related to an issue on our hosting, so it should be in hosting support.

After all, the questions “why can’t I connect to ftpupload.net” and “can you change the FTP hostname in the client area” will largely discuss the same subject, so why should one be considered support and the other not?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.