Change PHP function hosting

epiz_26721837

I have a problem installing xenforo forum 2.1.3 it asks me to activate php function

• exec via the disable_functions
  • escapeshellarg via the disable_functions
  • proc_open via the disable_functions
  • popen via the disable_functions
  • set_time_limit via the disable_functions

Aki leaves them below code I get the error can you activate me please wait for your answer

Your server has disabled a core PHP function exec via the disable_functions directive in php.ini. This may cause unexpected problems in XenForo.
Your server has disabled a core PHP function escapeshellarg via the disable_functions directive in php.ini. This may cause unexpected problems in XenForo.
Your server has disabled a core PHP function proc_open via the disable_functions directive in php.ini. This may cause unexpected problems in XenForo.
Your server has disabled a core PHP function popen via the disable_functions directive in php.ini. This may cause unexpected problems in XenForo.
Your server has disabled a core PHP function set_time_limit via the disable_functions directive in php.ini. This may cause unexpected problems in XenForo.
These will not prevent you from using XenForo, but they should be resolved if possible to ensure optimal functioning. However, you may still continue with the installation.```

XenForo recommends these functions, but since most of these functions are related to executing shell commands, we don’t allow them.

And:

Is not really true when XenForo also says:

So this should not prevent you from using XenForo.

I do want to remind you that using pirated software on our hosting is strictly forbidden and any account found using pirated software may be terminated without warning.

I’m not accusing you of anything, but I do know that XenForo is quite expensive software, and most people paying hundreds of dollars on software licenses should also spend at least a few dollars per month on decent hosting for it.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.