Change Wordpress Domain, Same Server

I’m moving from username [epiz_26229775] to username [epiz_26249415] with a new domain [https:www.noseitall.store], changing my old domain [http:.noseitall.shop] with Wordpress since the old one will expire soon and will not be removed. I don’t want to park the new domain to the old one. How can I go about this?

What will expire?

My old domain. And i dondon’t want to renew it with my registrar

Konnichiwa!

5 Likes

That tutorial is not newbie-friendly. I could possibly mess up my current site

For example, i don’t understand why steps 1 and 2 need to be repeated. Also, where to look for wp-config.php and where to upload the files in step 8. I also don’t understand how Wordpress will be installed to the new host account with my new domain by just moving the core files and importing the database from the other host account with my old domain. Clear instructions with video or screenshots would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Let me get this clear:

1. You have a new hosting account for your domain? Yes or No
  2. Is your domain pointing to ns1.epizy.com and ns2.epizy.com? Yes or No
  3. Have you done the SQL and FTP backups yet? Yes or No
  4. What step are you on regarding the picture shown above?

If you provide the following, it’s easier for us to help you.

1. Yes
  2. Yes
  3. Not yet coz i dont understand why i need to do backups twice. But I already updated my Wordpress setting with the URLs

You’ve to download your site and upload to new host in order to move your site.

1 Like

First Step: Go to Filezilla and download the whole htdocs folder. After that go to your SQL database and export the whole database. Tell me when your done.

Here’s a more explained version from InfinityFree’s knowledgebase:

Backup your website files

The best way to backup your website files is by downloading them using a desktop FTP client.

1. Open an FTP connection to your account (more info).
  2. Find the htdocs folder of the website you’re trying to back up.
  3. Download the htdocs folder to your computer. In FileZilla, this is as easy as dragging the htdocs directory from the pane on the right to the left.

If you have a large website, it may take a long time for the download to complete. This is normal. Just start the transfer and let it run in the background. If some of the transfers fail, simply retry them until all files have been transferred successfully.

Backup your databases

You can download database backups through phpMyAdmin.

1. Login to the control panel of your account.
  2. Click the phpMyAdmin button.
  3. Click the Connect Now button next to the database you would like to download.
  4. Go to the Export tab.
  5. Click the Start button.

Tell me when you are done

I can’t do this right now. Will update you once my old account got reactivated. I was suspended from exceeding the ep limit

ok

But I want to know how and where to upload the backed up htdocs folder in step number 8

You have to install Wordpress on your new domain and remove the htdocs folder. Then upload the htdocs from the backup you downloaded on your old domain. You will have to upload the folder bit by bit though because of the 10MB limit.

1 Like

Got this. Can I just install wordpress on my new account now since my old account is stilll suspended?

Alos, do i need to upload the thdocs files via the file manager or ftp? Which one’s more ideal?

Use filezilla.

Alright. Now to clear step 7, the wp-config.php is found in my backup of the old site, right? And I need to edit that with my new server’s database details?

Yes, but most or all of it should already be updated if you installed WordPress on your new domain. If not, then edit it.