Changing DNS for register domain

I’ve changed the dns for a domain registered with register and i’ve used, how suggested on the panel the values :

ns1.epizy.com
ns2.epizy.com

with the related ip

I’ve seen, after, that on your documentation ( https://infinityfree.net/support/how-to-use-infinityfree-nameservers/ ) you suggest other values :

ns1.byet.org
ns2.byet.org
ns3.byet.org
ns4.byet.org
ns5.byet.org

And i do not found any ip value related to them,
Someone can help me to understand what values i’ve to inserto for my domain to can correctly change the nameservers?

This is the second day that i’m wainting for the change but nothing happen so i’m thinking that i’ve done something not correct.

Thank You at all

Any of them works fine, I’ve asked @Admin to change nameservers everywhere to same ones cuz it’s confusing, but it’s still not implemented tho

Thank you for your reply.

So is correct that i’ve used :

ns1.epizy.com ( 198.251.86.152 )
ns2.epizy.com ( 198.251.86.153 )

I only need to wait more time for the changing?
Actually have passed more of one day and normally, with other services, alla gone ok in just one day.

Can you confirm me that my actions are correct?

Newly thank you

I’ve tested your dns values with https://dns-check.nic.it/ and the result is :

ns1.epizy.com.
‘REFUSED’ returncode
FAILED
ns2.epizy.com.
‘REFUSED’ returncode
FAILED

• Either set of nameservers works, you can even use both if you want to. ns1.epizy.com and ns2.epizy.com are the same servers as ns1.byet.org and ns2.byet.org.
  • You shouldn’t have to define IP addresses for the nameservers themselves. And if you do, you can easily look them up yourself by adding the nameserver domain to any DNS resolver tool like this one.
  • Nameserver changes can take up to 72 hours to take effect everywhere. So if you just changed your nameservers and it doesn’t work yet, just be calm and have patience.

hello,
for ip addresses is that i’ve done and the ip that i’ve used are correct.
Ok i’ll wait more one day and after 72 hours i hope that all is ok.
Thank you for your reply and have a nice day

@Admin said:

• Either set of nameservers works, you can even use both if you want to. ns1.epizy.com and ns2.epizy.com are the same servers as ns1.byet.org and ns2.byet.org.
  • You shouldn’t have to define IP addresses for the nameservers themselves. And if you do, you can easily look them up yourself by adding the nameserver domain to any DNS resolver tool like this one.
  • Nameserver changes can take up to 72 hours to take effect everywhere. So if you just changed your nameservers and it doesn’t work yet, just be calm and have patience.

Hello @Admin ,

now have passed more of 72 Hours and the domain still remain in error .
All the actions suggested have been followed since the begin of migration but nothing happen.
Can you help me and give ma an explain for this problem?
Domain to change nameserver is wikiaccaedi dot it and, how written, using the service https://dns-check.nic.it/ it give me the errors :

ns1.epizy.com.
‘REFUSED’ returncode
FAILED
ns2.epizy.com.
‘REFUSED’ returncode
FAILED

Please help me :smile:
Thank You

https://infinityfree.net/support/unable-to-set-nameservers-dns-query-refused/

@OxyDac said:
https://infinityfree.net/support/unable-to-set-nameservers-dns-query-refused/

Thank you for your reply.

So i can not do nothing and the problem is in this hosting ?
I think this because i frequently change namservers from my actual registrar and i’ve never had these types of problem,
This time i’ve tried to use infinityfree but appear to be a little more problematic :frowning:

np :smile:
two or three users before you have also used the services from register.it
and they had that problem
It’s wrong to say that one side is wrong (it’s more about the incompatibility of both sides)

you can try to contact and ask your registrar to skip the verification and set the nameservers anyways

Ok thank you i will try to ask directly in register but i do not think that they’ll do anything about this :frowning:

Hi,
I have the almost the same problem.
I’ve registered a domain with freenom.com and changed the domains.

using whois I can see that the propagation is done

Domain name:
L3PHOTOSTUDIO.GA
Domain Nameservers:
NS1.EPIZY.COM
NS2.EPIZY.COM
NS3.BYET.ORG
NS4.BYET.ORG
NS5.BYET.ORG

but I receive always the same error:
Your domain is not yet pointing to ns1.epizy.com and ns2.epizy.com.

How can I solve?

Thanks a lot

@L3Photo said:
Hi,
I have the almost the same problem.
I’ve registered a domain with freenom.com and changed the domains.

using whois I can see that the propagation is done

Domain name:
L3PHOTOSTUDIO.GA
Domain Nameservers:
NS1.EPIZY.COM
NS2.EPIZY.COM
NS3.BYET.ORG
NS4.BYET.ORG
NS5.BYET.ORG

but I receive always the same error:
Your domain is not yet pointing to ns1.epizy.com and ns2.epizy.com.

How can I solve?

Thanks a lot

It can still take up to 24 hours to fully propagate your domain.

ok, I will wait the weekend and try again.
thanks

@L3Photo said:

ok, I will wait the weekend and try again.
thanks

I’m sorry but i’ve waited for more of 72 hours without succes and the same situation has happened me in the past with freenom ( reason for that i’ve used a paid registrar look like register.it thinking that with a no free registrar something could be different )

@L3Photo does not have the same problem and should go to a separate topic

L3PHOTOSTUDIO.GA

did you even add a domain through this? https://infinityfree.net/support/add-your-own-domain/
To add the domain, you need to find the Addon Domain or Alias Domain section in your control panel, enter your domain name in the field and click Add Domain.

how it looks ns has no idea about your zone (does not lead in your “folder”)

@OxyDac said:
@L3Photo does not have the same problem and should go to a separate topic

L3PHOTOSTUDIO.GA

did you even add a domain through this? https://infinityfree.net/support/add-your-own-domain/
To add the domain, you need to find the Addon Domain or Alias Domain section in your control panel, enter your domain name in the field and click Add Domain.

how it looks ns has no idea about your zone (does not lead in your “folder”)

Hi. Yes I’ve changed all the domain’s values and after some hours whois has started to show me the correct values.
But also now nothing is working.
I’m start thinking that the services are not compatible.

@L3Photo said:
I’m start thinking that the services are not compatible.

frenom is compatible
but sometimes frenom have problems pushing the nameservers settings

so try repeat all the actions ( @ frenom )
and then wait at least 24h for DNS propagation

Hi, I have the same issue. How to resolve this? Or should I just wait for a week to propagate my name server to ns1 …ns2… ?

HI
@eltetD what is your domain ? so I can check it