Changing DNS for register domain

for all Frenom users here

add ns https://my.freenom.com/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=3

there are some online suggestions about frenom and DNS problems
( if problem are confirmed with some tools!!! )

the first is to go into frenom settings
and return to their default NS and wait 24h
then put the custom NS back and wait at least 30min-24h

the other is to delete the domain from their system and then add it again
after that config. custom NS and then wait at least 30min-24h

I see that there are other people that have my same issue with different provider so i think that is correct to think that’s infinityfree, being free, has some problems or limitations to can be really usable without problems.

@eltetD said:
Hi, I have the same issue. How to resolve this? Or should I just wait for a week to propagate my name server to ns1 …ns2… ?

For me is more of one week so i suggest you to do not hope that it work and to found an other way to solve this question ( may be an other hosting service also if infinityfree appear very good )

@L3Photo said:

@OxyDac said:
@L3Photo does not have the same problem and should go to a separate topic

L3PHOTOSTUDIO.GA

did you even add a domain through this? https://infinityfree.net/support/add-your-own-domain/
To add the domain, you need to find the Addon Domain or Alias Domain section in your control panel, enter your domain name in the field and click Add Domain.

how it looks ns has no idea about your zone (does not lead in your “folder”)

Hi. Yes I’ve changed all the domain’s values and after some hours whois has started to show me the correct values.
But also now nothing is working.
I’m start thinking that the services are not compatible.

Yes is my same conclusion :frowning:

Wow! Do we really need to create clear and detailed article/video about how to create your domain and use IF hosting on it?

@MrJunior said:
Wow! Do we really need to create clear and detailed article/video about how to create your domain and use IF hosting on it?

it is not necessary to laugh XD
If some people have this problem is correct to think that the procedure is not clear or also that there are incompatibilities.
Surely it do not work without any problems :wink:

I surely believe that only one problem and incompatibility here is the hands and brains of users who having problems even with that, no offense.
What’s current problem so maybe I’m able to help?

@MrJunior LOL incompatibility with our brains ?
I work on web from more of 20 years and i daily do this kind of operations .
is normal that some services are incompatibles and , in this case. is infinityfree to not work with services look like register or freenom and maybe also others.
It is not a problem being a free service so we need only to found others solutions.
If you’ve read all the commets you can know what is my problem and also that of others users.

Yes, IF is incompatible with some registrators, here more info: https://infinityfree.net/support/unable-to-set-nameservers-dns-query-refused/

BUT: IF is absolutely compatible with Freenom, mostly users of this hosting, including me, uses it and having no any problems…

I’ve used register so i do not know what do freenom but if there are some incompatibilities is not useful to continue to say that it work with all .
Thank You

I’ve said it works with all the services? I thought you have problem exactly with Freenom, based on recent replies, but you don’t — so how the hell @OxyDac didn’t help you already with giving the same link I’ve gave?

Help gaven me has been to contact my registrar and ask him to do bypass an action that they do and that not permit to infinity to proceed with the NS change.
You surelyu know that this request is not admissibile so i can not use this service with my register domains

That was kinda only one way you could try to do, maybe. If your registrat doesn’t support it at all — yeah you’re unable to use IF.
I guess this topic is obviously ended?

You can do that you want so you can also close this topic without any problem .
For me is not my registrar to not support but is infinity to not support the normal options of change NS because i often do this operation and this is the first time that i have this problem.
i understand your position .
bye

@Barretta said:
I see that there are other people that have my same issue with different provider so i think that is correct to think that’s infinityfree, being free, has some problems or limitations to can be really usable without problems.

As far as I can tell from this discussion, everything is working as intended on our end.

You must change your nameservers first to verify you control the domain, and you don’t park any domain names which aren’t yours to your account. And domains which don’t exist on our system are not handled by our system, as is the case with any server in the world.

@Barretta said:
Help gaven me has been to contact my registrar and ask him to do bypass an action that they do and that not permit to infinity to proceed with the NS change.
You surelyu know that this request is not admissibile so i can not use this service with my register domains

So you’re sure you cannot request your domain registrar to skip their usual policies but then you come here and complain and say that we have a problem that your domain registrar doesn’t let you change your nameservers and that we don’t skip our usual policies either?

We have policies which have been instated for good reasons. Your domain registrar also has policies which have been instated with reasons which undoubtedly seemed good to them (although I find these early checks on nameservers to be pedantic and unnecessarily restrictive).

Like you said, changing nameservers is a normal operation. But nameservers are controlled by your domain registrar. If your domain registrar does not let you change nameservers, isn’t that an issue on their end?

@Admin said:

@Barretta said:

As far as I can tell from this discussion, everything is working as intended on our end.

You must change your nameservers first to verify you control the domain, and you don’t park any domain names which aren’t yours to your account. And domains which don’t exist on our system are not handled by our system, as is the case with any server in the world.

@Barretta said:

So you’re sure you cannot request your domain registrar to skip their usual policies but then you come here and complain and say that we have a problem that your domain registrar doesn’t let you change your nameservers and that we don’t skip our usual policies either?

We have policies which have been instated for good reasons. Your domain registrar also has policies which have been instated with reasons which undoubtedly seemed good to them (although I find these early checks on nameservers to be pedantic and unnecessarily restrictive).

Like you said, changing nameservers is a normal operation. But nameservers are controlled by your domain registrar. If your domain registrar does not let you change nameservers, isn’t that an issue on their end?

Ok do not worry.
i only say that i’ve ever done this operations with other services and this is the first time that i’ve problems so your policies are not ok for my need with the registrar register.
I only say this and this is simply a fact.
For me is not a problem and i’ve solved in other way with an other service that’s normally worked without the problem inside your policies.
Bye

Ok, deleted the domain on freenom.com, recreated and now is working.
Thanks.

@L3Photo thank you for your valuable feedback :smile:

@L3Photo said:
Ok, deleted the domain on freenom.com, recreated and now is working.
Thanks.

I’ve tried to register a domain on freenom to just test this hosting but is impossible to register new domains.
Have you done something of particular?

@Barretta so you even can’t register a domain? What could go wrong there?