Cloudflare and manual dns management

In my prev topic admin said that cloudflare do not support the subdomains, but there way to use cloudflare manually, but that need setting dns up with myself, but i have no idea where i can get right IP’s and other stuff to do that.

@MrJunior said:
In my prev topic admin said that cloudflare do not support the subdomains, but there way to use cloudflare manually, but that need setting dns up with myself, but i have no idea where i can get right IP’s and other stuff to do that.

Even if you signup directly to Cloudflare, you can’t still use a subdomain. Cloudflare only works on TLD, gTLD and etc… , Cloudflare will not work on subdomain.

1 Like

The control panel integration for Cloudflare we use does not support subdomains.

Instead, you can sign up with Cloudflare yourself (but then you’re responsible for making sure your DNS records are correct!) or just don’t use Cloudflare.

Doesn’t that mean that I can?

Did you check the knowledge base? https://infinityfree.net/support/find-your-ip/

1 Like

Ops, sorry then.
And, the subdomains and cloudflare should work fine?

@MrJunior said:
Ops, sorry then.

If you add a subdomain to Cloudflare then it won’t work, they will only accept real TLD’s like .com.

@MrJunior said:
Ops, sorry then.

No, you cannot use CloudFlare and subdomains in any way, only if @Admin decides to use CloudFlare for rf.gd domain, then you will be able to have SSL through CloudFlare fo example.
If you want a free domain, use either eu.org or Freenom.

@MrJunior said:
Ops, sorry then.

Yes, if you add the subdomain through your control panel and then add the appropriate DNS record to Cloudflare it will work fine.

Please ignore the other replies here. I think the other people in the topic here are either confused with using free subdomains from our domains (like epizy.com) which are not supported by Cloudflare, or with the Cloudflare integration in the control panel, which does break subdomains. But neither of those issues affects you in this case.

1 Like

Eh, I guess you haven’t understood me, I mean I already have my own domain. And I want to create subdomains with cloudflare possibilities.

Admin, alright, thank you.

1 Like

If people are looking for this discussion becoming a mess, feast your eyes here: https://forum.infinityfree.com/discussion/4092/about-when-to-reply

1 Like

I’ve tried that way now. But that just redirects site to suspendeddomain.org
Folder on ftp is created, cloudflares nameservers, cname record is set(screenshot there):
!

Did i do something wrong or forgot do something?

Still not solved

@MrJunior said:
Still not solved

Hello,
the domain kjiaj1v1.epizy.com, your account’s main domain, redirects to suspendeddomain.org, and that is why your domain also redirects there.

Admin possibly meant something else, about creating an A record, but I am not that experienced so he may be able to help you better, what I just did is explain why it redirects to suspendeddomain.org.

You shouldn’t change your main domains CNAME if you have changed nameservers, just add a subdomain through control panel and then create a DNS Record through CloudFlare for your subdomain, not your main one.
Your main domain is mrjunior.cf and subdomain is sub.mrjunior.cf

Here it explains better what you need to do:https://infinityfree.net/support/find-your-ip/, and make your subdomain point to there. You can Also try the A records method as described there.
I know that this is confusing, but there is no simpler way I could have said these.

As I read, A record need IP which can change anytime without warning and notification, not really good. I added the CNAME record how it explained in link you and admin gave me before. So I wondering what I did wrong.

Btw: is your main domain works fine for you?(I mean, is that not redirects you) because I’ve never used this domain before.

@MrJunior said:
As I read, A record need IP which can change anytime without warning and notification, not really good. I added the CNAME record how it explained in link you and admin gave me before. So I wondering what I did wrong.

Btw: is your main domain works fine for you?(I mean, is that not redirects you) because I’ve never used this domain before.

I may not have understood correctly, but I think that you should create a CNAME record for your subdomain, not your domain.

I also would like if my domain will work too, not only subdomain, or that way is only for subdomain?

@MrJunior said:
I also would like if my domain will work too, not only subdomain, or that way is only for subdomain?

Your domain works when you change your NS, there is nothing else you must do.
The DNS settings are only for subdomains, I think.

I need to set up domain and subdomain without changing nameservers to infinityfree’s.

up