Cloudflare Assistance

My website URL is: mycoolweb.epizy.com

What I’m seeing is: the default, site is ready page

I’m using this software: attempting to use Cloudflare on free account with just the CNAME records for at least www. of the domain and get an error message

CLOUDFLARE ERROR : Sorry there was a problem activating cloudflare for this domain or the email address [email protected], this is normally caused by the email address or domain name already existing on the cloudflare system.

Additional information:

I'm trying to just add it to my existing account.

You can’t add free subdomains on Cloudflare. You can use your own domain to do the configuration via dash.cloudflare.com, but you need to add the domain to your account first.

This link says otherwise:

Actually, that link doesn’t say anything about it. That link only says that you can enable Cloudflare on free hosting accounts. However, Cloudflare does not provide their services for subdomains, including the free subdomains we offer. So enabling Cloudflare on mycoolweb.epizy.com is sadly not possible.

The error message you see seems pretty self explanatory. The email address is already in use in Cloudflare and that’s why it works. I’m not sure if Cloudflare gives hosting providers the option to add domains to existing accounts. But if it was possible, our panel clearly doesn’t support it.

But it would be weird if any hosting provider could add random domains to your account. So I’m not sure whether this is a limitation with us or with Cloudflare.

That seems strange. My main reason for asking is since On x10Hosting, I have two of their sub domains on my cloudflare account currently.

When I connect the account.

If you try to add your subdomain to Cloudflare manually, it will clearly say that subdomains cannot be added to Cloudflare.

I don’t know what X10Hosting did to make Cloudflare work on subdomains, but I’m fairly certain that it’s no officially supported feature of Cloudflare.

They said it was because how of they integrated it. Infinity free subdomains are not allowed but x10 ones are for some reason. I can directly add those ones without an issue.

I can directly add it from either their panel or Cloudflare directly.

The only way I can think of is that they added the main domain on their own account and then setup subdomains on it. We had a setup like that as well, but Cloudflare kicked out our domain after too many harmful websites being created on it, so that setup is not sustainable.

The other solution I could think of is that they added their domain to the Public Suffix List, so it’s recognized as a domain extension. But I don’t see any of X10’s domain on that list.

So I am very curious how they integrated with Cloudflare, because I still don’t see why it works for them and not for us.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.