CloudFlare issues

When I try to sign up for CloudFlare, this happens:

CLOUDFLARE ERROR : We were unable to identify jenova.rf.gd as a registered domain. Please ensure you are providing the root domain and not any subdomains (e.g., example.com, not subdomain.example.com)

???

@Jenova you are using sub domain of rf.gd not a top level domain like .com

So unless I purchased a domain name, I cannot use CloudFlare? It semi works with x10hosting (I think their partnership has ceased to be a thing) in terms of it actually being able to recognize it as a registered domain (jenova.x10.mx) but the nameserver change thingy won’t work because you can’t access their name server anyway.

Bumping this because it seems to be getting buried under other support threads.

:expressionless: :expressionless:
thats why you bumped? I think you have been cleared

i’m new here can somebody tell me how to checked that own domain is approve on here…
example I have domain ( stupid.tk ) from freenom then change name server to ns1.byet.org - ns5

so I trying to make simple html to test it … when I trying enter stupid.tk on webrowser then redirect to 404 we couldn’t find that page .

but when I trying add www.stupid.tk it’s load my html … what happen on here … I think on .htaccess ?

how to fix that

@losmedia said:
:expressionless: :expressionless:
thats why you bumped? I think you have been cleared

What?

Are you trying to say that what @Ranakhas said was my answer?

And I was only bumping because I saw the @Admin answering other threads before mine. I didn’t really check to see if they where older or newer, but I don’t think he/she knew I made a thread or saw my thread.

@Jenova said:
So unless I purchased a domain name, I cannot use CloudFlare? It semi works with x10hosting (I think their partnership has ceased to be a thing) in terms of it actually being able to recognize it as a registered domain (jenova.x10.mx) but the nameserver change thingy won’t work because you can’t access their name server anyway.

Partnership or no partnership, Cloudflare only accepts own domain names, not subdomains for their accounts. You could hack around it (possibly create the rf.gd domain on a particular Cloudflare account and then create DNS records for subdomains on that domain), but that would just be an ugly workaround.

That ugly work around sounds… interesting. I will try it only because in desperate

@Jenova said:
That ugly work around sounds… interesting. I will try it only because in desperate

I’m sorry if my previous message was not entirely clear on it, but the ugly workaround is something which can be done by the hosting provider (the party which controls the main DNS records for the rf.gd domain in this case) and not on your end. You can’t set the DNS records on subdomains which are necessary to integrate it with Cloudflare.

So basically you won’t do it because of the massive repercussions it will have. I understand. Even if I got this message after I had tried and failed, still, I understand.

@Jenova said:
So basically you won’t do it because of the massive repercussions it will have. I understand. Even if I got this message after I had tried and failed, still, I understand.

Not only is integrating Cloudflare with subdomains hard, one bad webmaster needs to upload one harmful site which slips our abuse filters and Cloudflare will take down the entire domain. And just like that, tens of thousands of websites would be down.

@Admin said:

@anon63078885 said:

Not only is integrating Cloudflare with subdomains hard, one bad webmaster needs to upload one harmful site which slips our abuse filters and Cloudflare will take down the entire domain. And just like that, tens of thousands of websites would be down.

Had a feeling that would be something that would happen. I understand. Thanks anyway!

Without cloudflare same website redirect automatically. Admin should focus on that. Because of infinity redirection, website unable to load. With cloudflare it’s not a issue. Cloudflare can optimize your server load. My website https://www.geektipshub.com/ it’s also facing this problem. But it’s resolved now. Thanks to cloudflare and infinityfree giving options for free environment and tension free hosting.

@puppet said:
i’m new here can somebody tell me how to checked that own domain is approve on here…
example I have domain ( stupid.tk ) from freenom then change name server to ns1.byet.org - ns5

so I trying to make simple html to test it … when I trying enter stupid.tk on webrowser then redirect to 404 we couldn’t find that page .

but when I trying add www.stupid.tk it’s load my html … what happen on here … I think on .htaccess ?

how to fix that

Infinityfree does not allow DOT TK domains, but you can change your domain to DOT CF and it will work