cname and mx record to get https in cloudflare.

hi,

I trying to set up cname and mx record in cloudflare but I can’t:

I already set it up the mx record but I made a mistake when I create
the email.

I want to change the name of the email from suporte@globalactive
to support@globalactive.

I already change the dns in freenom to cloudflare ns:Screenshot by Lightshot

I did it because I want my site stay with https and not http.

my site:globalactive.ga

thanks in advance,
cristian

What was the problem with using Cloudflare, I don’t see any errors on screenshot you’ve sent.

Please note that you need to setup the MX record through Cloudflare, not our panel. Our panel only controls our nameservers, not those from Cloudflare, so if you’re not using our nameservers the MX records, CNAME records and SPF records sections won’t do anything.

The only “error” I can see in your screenshot is Cloudflare warning you that you haven’t set up any MX records. And judging by the fact that there are no MX records in Cloudflare’s record list, you still need to set those up.

Hi,

my internet went dow for that reason I didn’t replay fast.

so…

1-and how can I set up this mx because I want https ssl certificate:

###Screenshot by Lightshot

even though it is showing that is activate:

2-and why is showing this message in wordpress:

3-and why can’t I change the email from [email protected] to [email protected]:

cause…

it is showing this message when I try to add [email protected]:

I just wanna ssl certificate ?

thanks in advance,

cristian

other question:

1-what Ipv4 address do I put here:Screenshot by Lightshot

I put one ip from freenom.Is it right?

~cristian

@cristianpalvin said:
Hi,

my internet went dow for that reason I didn’t replay fast.

so…

1-and how can I set up this mx because I want https ssl certificate:

That’s something you should learn yourself when you intend to manage your own DNS zones. Alternatively, you could move your domain name back to our nameservers, which are automatically configured to point to our nameservers.

Also, if you’re using Cloudflare, why not just use their SSL certificates? And if that’s the plan, why do you need to set up MX records?

@cristianpalvin said:
even though it is showing that is activate:

That popup only confirms that your website is now redirecting people to HTTPS. Actually installing the SSL certificate is not something that can be done through WordPress, it must be done through the server. Cloudflare does this automatically, and you can do it on our hosting using the SSL/TLS section in the control panel.

@cristianpalvin said:
2-and why is showing this message in wordpress:

The explanation is right there in the screenshot. Please read and try to understand the dark gray text between the text box and the white banner.

@cristianpalvin said:
3-and why can’t I change the email from [email protected] to [email protected]:

cause…

it is showing this message when I try to add [email protected]:

Once again, the explanation is right there in the message you took a screenshot of: don’t include the domain name in the email address part, because it’s added automatically.

If you want to setup an account for [email protected], you have to enter support in the email address field and globalactive.ga domain field.

ok.

###1-domain name email address

about the domain name in the email address I got it.thanks.

###2-I trying to put cloudflare name server to work ssl

“That’s something you should learn yourself when you intend to manage your own DNS zones. Alternatively, you could move your domain name back to our nameservers, which are automatically configured to point to our nameservers.”

I didn’t get it.

I trying to put cloudflare name server to work ssl.now my site went dow
and I don’t know why.It is redirecting to freenom.world.

have a look at:globlaactive.ga

I think that I will try to set up ssl from infinity cpanel in last case.

###3-mx record because cloudflare “is asking.”

“Also, if you’re using Cloudflare, why not just use their SSL certificates? And if that’s the plan, why do you need to set up MX records?”

that’s what I trying so hard:use just ssl certificate.I trying to set up mx record because cloudfare is asking.

I guess that mx record is required to work ssl.but I think is not true,right?

###4-site is down now.

now…my site is down.

what happended?

the name servers that I added in freenom is from cloudflare.

see:

Screenshot by Lightshot

###5-ip address

one more time:what ip do I put here? I put one of 2 ip from freenom,is it right?

see:

thanks in advance,
cristian

@cristianpalvin said:

###2-I trying to put cloudflare name server to work ssl

“That’s something you should learn yourself when you intend to manage your own DNS zones. Alternatively, you could move your domain name back to our nameservers, which are automatically configured to point to our nameservers.”

I didn’t get it.

I trying to put cloudflare name server to work ssl.now my site went dow
and I don’t know why.It is redirecting to freenom.world.

have a look at:globlaactive.ga

I think that I will try to set up ssl from infinity cpanel in last case.

###4-site is down now.

now…my site is down.

what happended?

the name servers that I added in freenom is from cloudflare.

see:

Screenshot by Lightshot

###5-ip address

one more time:what ip do I put here? I put one of 2 ip from freenom,is it right?

see:

Screenshot by Lightshot

globlaactive.ga does not seem to be registered, but globalactive.ga’s DNS and website is currently handled by Cloudflare.

I can’t see exactly what IP address Cloudflare forwards to (one of Cloudflare’s features is that they hide that information), but I’d guess you entered an IP address of Freenom there. That’s probably incorrect.

You need to use the IP of your hosting account with us if you want to show the website you’ve uploaded to our servers. How else would Cloudflare know to get the website from our systems?

I would like to remind you that the only supported way of using our hosting is by using our nameservers. While it’s possible to use third party nameservers, like Cloudflare, this is not supported or recommended, and could cause unexpected issues and downtime for your website. But if you insist on using third party nameservers, this is how you find which DNS records to use: https://infinityfree.net/support/find-your-ip/

@cristianpalvin said:
###3-mx record because cloudflare “is asking.”

“Also, if you’re using Cloudflare, why not just use their SSL certificates? And if that’s the plan, why do you need to set up MX records?”

that’s what I trying so hard:use just ssl certificate.I trying to set up mx record because cloudfare is asking.

I guess that mx record is required to work ssl.but I think is not true,right?

MX records control which hosting provider handles inbound email for your domain. On it’s own, it has nothing to do with SSL.

The only relation between MX records and SSL is that most SSL vendors require you to verify domain ownership through email. If you don’t have the right MX records on your domain, that doesn’t work.

But Cloudflare doesn’t do email verification, they verify domain ownership through nameservers.

Cloudflare still warns you about the missing MX records because most people want to be able to receive email on their domain. If you don’t want that, you don’t need MX records and you can ignore Cloudflare’s warning.

hi,

“But if you insist on using third party nameservers, this is how you find which DNS records to use: https://infinityfree.net/support/find-your-ip/

is not me that “insisting” in use third party nameservers.

i am learning in a course that teaches using cloudflare name server to get ssl cerfificate and several tutorial on youtube shows to get ssl certificate requires cloudflare as well.

now after this “headache” i prefer using ssl cerficate from infinityfree and I searching tutorial how to set it up.

I just wanna ssl certificate.

And I need to share this information with my followers too.

I will change nameservers from cloudflare to infinityfree in freenom.

Ps:I made a mistake.I typed “globlaactive.ga” wrong.

thanks,
cristian

but where do I get nameservers from infinityfree?

I was using freenom nameservers previously.

thanks
cristian

what nameservers do I replace here:Screenshot by Lightshot

@cristianpalvin said:
what nameservers do I replace here:Screenshot by Lightshot

Again, the knowledge base has you covered: https://infinityfree.net/support/how-to-use-infinityfree-nameservers/

ok.

May I use this this 2 ns as well:Screenshot by Lightshot

~cristian

Yes, you can, but I’d recommend use the byet ones.

@cristianpalvin said:
ok.

May I use this this 2 ns as well:Screenshot by Lightshot

~cristian

Yes, those nameservers are fine as well.

thank you guy now I will try to set up ssl certificate through capnel.

is there some tutorial teaching how to set up ssl/tls:Screenshot by Lightshot

@cristianpalvin said:
is there some tutorial teaching how to set up ssl/tls:Screenshot by Lightshot

Of course, the knowledge base contains many useful articles: https://infinityfree.net/support/how-to-install-an-ssl-certificate/

what address do I put here:Screenshot by Lightshot

this ssl cerfificate is taking so much time mine.

@cristianpalvin said:
what address do I put here:Screenshot by Lightshot

this ssl cerfificate is taking so much time mine.

In the Country Code field, you select your country. In the State field, you enter the state or province you live in. In the Town field, you enter the name of the town or city you live in. It’s quite self explanatory.

Please note that you do have to fill in all the fields to get the CSR. If things like Department don’t apply to you, you can just enter “NA” in there, but all fields must be filled.