CNAME Record problem

Hello,
I have recently added cloudflare to my domain and as i can’t edit my cname records on cloudflare as it say ‘Your DNS zone file is hosted by Byethost’ then i was trying to edit it on the cpanel. The issue is that i can’t add ‘*’ to make the whole website protected by cloudflare ex: *.example.com Destination: *.example.com.cdn.cloudflare.net
if i can’t protect whole website with cloudflare people can still scan for exemple cpanel.example.com or any subdomain and get real ip behind cloudflare.

Since you’re using cloudflare with integration panel you can’t manage DNS on Cloudflare, it’s being managed by InfinityFree, without your participation in.
You can disable cloudflare and change nameservers to cloudflare without removing domain from InfinityFree that makes you responsible for all the DNS settings.

@MrJunior said:
Since you’re using cloudflare with integration panel you can’t manage DNS on Cloudflare, it’s being managed by InfinityFree, without your participation in.
You can disable cloudflare and change nameservers to cloudflare without removing domain from InfinityFree that makes you responsible for all the DNS settings.

you are saying that i can disable cloudflare on the panel and setting it up with cname to be able to manage it on my own?

tell me more.

Actually CNAME record management is available in vPanel, but I’m not sure about what do you exactly works.
I said that you can:

1. Disable cloudflare in panel.
  2. Sign up on Cloudflare.
  3. Add your domain there.
  4. Change nameservers to cloudflare.

You’ll be able to change any DNS records, InfinityFree doesn’t give you ability to do that, but some certain type of records (as CNAME) — can be managed by you.

But notice that then you should set up all the DNS by yourself, you can find a bit more information in Knowledge Base.

Note that our CNAME records tool doesn’t support wildcard subdomains. And in any case, DNS in itself doesn’t support wildcards in the destination host (you can’t do domain substitution, all wildcard subdomains must point to the same destination host).