Confused about why Cron Jobs aren't working

So I have a php file that basically goes and looks for files with a specific file extension inside a specific folder. I’m using cron jobs to run that php file (I want it to be at every hour or 2, but to figure out if it does what I want it to do, I have it set to 2 minutes), but the issue is that it doesn’t run that php file. I think. I don’t have any way to check, if someone would like to suggest a way, that’d be great.

EDIT: went back and added this:
$time_start = microtime(true); //before the code starts executing
$time_end = microtime(true); // after it finishes executing the code
$execution_time = ($time_end - $time_start);
echo 'Total Execution Time: '.$execution_time; //these two after the $time_end variable.

Running it once gives me this number: 0.000944137573242, which I believe is less than the 5 second limit imposed on free accounts.

Cron jobs here are a joke. They never work or run at the total wrong time. No one knows why, and iFastNet does not seem willing to check it out. If cron jobs are necessary, you will need to upgrade or find a new host. Sorry about that.

1 Like

ah yea, that makes sense. I’ll probably go find something else that just automatically loads the site every hour remotely

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.