Connection attempt failed with EAI_NONAME

Username: epiz_21461030
Website URL: https://REMOVED.net/

Status: Connection attempt failed with “EAI_NONAME - Neither nodename nor servname provided, or not known”.
Error: Could not connect to server

Hi! I’m trying to connect to my site using FileZilla but I couldn’t connect anymore (screenshot-1.png). I think the last time I connected through FileZilla is in July or August this year. FileZilla app in my computer is allowed to communicate through my Windows Firewall (screenshot-4.png). I tried to ping ‘ftpupload.net’ and it says ‘Ping request could not find host ftpupload.net. Please check the name and try again.’ (screenshot-3.png). Please advise on how to fix this. Thank you.

screenshot-2

Try to flush the DNS and try!
If you are not able to ping ftpupload.net then you can’t connect to server!

May be that URL blocked by your ISP so try using VPN also!!

2 Likes

Probably blocked by your ISP, like @HELPINDIA suggested!

FYI, these are the commands you have to use. Open CMD and run each on by one, internet may get diconnected.

ipconfig /release
impconfig /renew
2 Likes

Sorry its typo!!
You should use

ipconfig /renew

NOTE: Run CMD Run as Administrator!

2 Likes

Thank you @HELPINDIA and @jaikrishna.t for your help. Unfortunately, both (DNS flushing and using VPN) didn’t work. I think my ISP is blocking the app to connect so I’ll try another ISP later on and see if it’s gonna work. Again, thank you for your responses.

2 Likes

You can work around by using the FTP hostname ftp.epizy.com or using the IP address 185.27.134.11

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.