Cpanel: Softaculous Apps Installer

Hi Wackyblackie,

OK, resolved. I am using google chrome and it works. Time to ditch that useless Microsoft. Too commericalised.

Thank you.

1 Like

Instead of ditching Microsoft entirely, you can also just click the “Continue to site” button to access Softaculous. And it would help a lot if you could report the site as a false positive to Microsoft.

Generally, the more people who report it as false positive, the more likely Microsoft is to remove the block and avoid undue scares for people using Edge.

3 Likes

At the bottom of the screen there are two links

Can you click both of them?
Thanks

1 Like

Hi Greenreader9,

Sorry for late reply. the link can be clicked but just no respond. Cannot go in. But anyway, google chrome can access and this means microsoft edge is unfriendly. Anyway, I have a new post on Moodle installation issue. If you know, please advise.

Sincerely,
IT noob, Ben

1 Like

Oh hi Admin,

Actually I tried but the webpage has no respond. I thought Microsoft is jealous of Softaculous because last time Microsoft keep “forcing” me to use Bing… that’s annoying as I prefer google.
Sincerely,
IT noob, Ben

Hi @OpenDocMan ,

Hope you are doing great !

No, Microsoft is not Unfriendly Then why it have a 3.14% market share & why is it the second largest search engine globally. ?

Really ? Is is jealous of Softaculous, Then why is ranking Softaculous in the First ?

Not really, Bing doesn’t wantedly Flag a Site, It first scans the website and then flags it, Anyways the Scan is not running manually, Sometimes systems misreport websites it’s common that’s not a human !

Want a Example ? Here’s one from InfintyFree which I get every month

Hi,

Your InfinityFree account epiz_XXXXXXXX (Website for example.com) has been suspended.

Your account was taken down due to abuse. Examples of abuse include harmful or illegal content, or sites that overload our servers.

After opening a ticket ,

InfintyFree - Hi there,

Thank you for contacting.

It appears your website was incorrectly detected as abuse by our anti fraud systems.

After 10 Minutes

Infininty Free- Your InfinityFree account epiz_XXXXXXXX (Website for example.com) has been reactivated! All control panel functions have been restored and your website will come back online shortly.

So the best thing is to report Microsoft !

Not only you the half population of the earth prefer google :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

What ? Is that a Company, wait let me search google - no results

Google tells that It noob is
a person who is inexperienced in a particular sphere or activity, especially computing or the use of the internet. LOL (Just Joking don’t take it serious)

Have a Great Day ! :pray:
Sincerely,
Noob, Neeraj :joy:

1 Like

Hi Neeraj,

Ok and thanks for the info. Anyway I posted an installation issue with Moodle. Now I think my database setting is correct but Moodle wants me to set the DB as MariaDB, not mysql. However, I tried setting it to MariaDB and it doesn’t work. Any advice is appreciated.

Sincerly,
IT noob,Ben

My best guess is IF only support MySQL

3 Likes

Well, won’t work here. See this reply of Admin:

Hi Jaikrishna.t,

I think your reply is more with to do with the htdocs. But the problem now is this Database. Does Infinity have or support MariaDB? The Database setting only works when I select MySQL but when it comes to installation, Moodle requires MariaDB.

So my question is Does Infinity have or support MariaDB? If no, the Softaculous Apps installer does have Moodle. I have not tried installing using Softaculous yet.
Now I am trying to upload the file and installing via browser.

Thank you.
Sincerely,
Ben

I’m happy seeing you remove that noob

Sincerely
Noob, Neeraj :joy:

Not sure, but MariaDB is not supported here. Wait for the Admin to reply here.

Did not laugh :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Alright then. I think I have to try looking for another LMS to install here.

Hi Neeraj,

Thanks.

Sincerely,
Ben

Ok noted. Thanks Jaikrishna.t.

1 Like

MySQL and MariaDB are very similar and most software can use either of them without any problems or special configuration. There are some minor differences in performance, stability and technical features, but they are pretty minor.

We used to run Percona Server quite recently, which is almost identical to MySQL, but recently switched to MariaDB.

Looking at what you wrote in your other topic, Moodle supports MySQL and MariaDB, but needs a configuration flag to be set to work with MariaDB. That should be an easy fix though.

2 Likes

Hi Admin,

I will copy and paste your comment in the Moodle discussion forum to seek for help.

By the way, I saw another LMS called Forma. It looks good too but did anyone install this in here successfully before? Please share your experience with me. Thank you very much.

Currently I just recovered from Covid19 but feeling weak. I wish everyone safe and keep yourself healthy and fit.

Sincerely,
Ben

1 Like

Same as well, take care…

3 Likes

Yeah. You too. Take care and have a nice weekend ahead.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.