Critical Error after wordpress update to 5.6

Username (e.g. epiz_XXX) or Website URL

Error Message

There has been a critical error on this website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.

Other Information

After multiple attempts at updating wordpress to version 5.6 I managed to start the automatic updat this evening, left the computer a few hours and when I returned I got the above mentioned message. I cannot access the dashboard nor I have recieved any mail to understand where the problem might be.

I found a suggestion online regarding the plugins, but they appear to be deactivated on PHP. I tried to check the logs for errors but they are empty - (Control panel/Online file manager/Softaculus/Logs) I might be checking the wrong ones?

I have 0 experience with wordpress as I started working on it 3 days ago and spent 2 fixing errors and it is deeply frustrating.
If someone could please help me guiding me step by step I would be very grateful

Pls read below…

4 Likes

Thank you for the answer.
I followed the step mentioned in the post but nothing has changed as I get the same error page

I received that error sometimes ago, what you need to do is to remove the installation from the script installer (softaculous) and reinstall the script there. Guess this should help.
Note- you might lose all your posts and backup

3 Likes

Thank you. I choose to go with that as I had only set up the theme.
It now works properly.
Hope it won’t happen again :sweat_smile:

You are always welcome. To update your WordPress version next time, make use of softaculous by enabling auto update.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.