Critical error on wp-admin page

Hi,

I’m once again stuck after a wp update on my website - Iltavoloperdue.com

After a bunch of attempts to update to wp version 6.1.1 I decided to proceed manually. I managed to update everything, and the website is up and running, but I can’t access my wp-admin page: I’m stuck with the usual white “critical error” page.

no other message is shown, despite debug-mode being on both from php and the logs file, so I don’t know how to procede

These may help

Take note of this as well

2 Likes

The website itself it’s working properly: I have tried to navigate from different devices and have no problem whatsoever. The problem is only in the /wp-admin section

It’s very strange, normally the error logs should be displayed on the page.

Fortunately, there are some other parameters to tweak, specifically WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY and WP_DEBUG_LOG. I tried enabling both on your website and still nothing was visible on the page. But it did create a file in wp-content/debug.log, with the message:

[02-Feb-2023 18:36:34 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required '/XXX/wp-admin/includes/upgrade.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear/') in /XXX/wp-admin/upgrade.php on line 22

So it does look like some files are missing from your site. Please add the missing files, preferrably through the method described in How to fix a corrupted WordPress installation.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.