Cron Job Removed Every Time

Username (e.g. epiz_XXX) or Website URL

epiz_28806806

Error Message

No feedback from service. Just cron job being removed every time regardless of configuration or duration of work.

Other Information

So my cron job doesn’t do anything but log to a file right now as a test. I verified that it does not take longer than a second to complete and that it works from the browser. The execution turnaround that I was looking for is arbitrary. I tried what I thought was every minute. Other posts seem to imply that is not an option, but every hour at a given minute is if I select hour 0 and any minute value. So I tried that. Still gets removed before ever running. I read the TOS to try and figure this out. But it doesn’t explicitly mention cron jobs. Another post has pointed to section 10 regarding scripts as the defacto litmus test. But, again, it does not exclude my operation at all. Confusingly, though, it does mention as the over all intention that all scripts must produce a “web page” and not operate as an application server. So does this exclude cron jobs outright? Because a cron job by its very nature would not produce a web page(ideally) and it only exists for the purpose of application service tasks. No browser has the ability to query a cron job for html output. Nevertheless I did output some html to test if this was the issue. Again everything fine in the browser but job is still deleted without executing even once. Curl does give a 403 forbidden. Is that what the host is using to execute? If so why?

So what gives? I am trying to build a scheduler here but without cron/scheduling functionality my idea is DOA.

For what I know, cron jobs only disappear if they take more than 5 seconds to run.
That’s the maximum time allowed for each execution.

1 Like

Verified not to be the case here. And the job never ran once.

Try setting it to run every hours. Cron jobs are weird here. If that doesn’t work, try 1hr 5min or wait for Admin
Thanks, and best of luck.

Just tried that. But I’m not sure if that is actually how the input is interpreted. Either way the job was still deleted.

Anything that I am missing? Does anyone have direct insight into how this works?

Cron job do not work properly.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.