Current 404 errors, outdated files, database errors

THE MIGRATION HAS BEEN FINISHED. PLEASE STOP ATTRIBUTING RANDOM ISSUES TO IT.

In the last few days, many people have reported issues with their websites, like:

• “404 - We couldn’t find that page” errors (like this)
  • FTP and file managers not working.
  • Files being rolled back to previous states.
  • Databases being temporarily gone / intermittent database connection issues.

What is causing this issue?

These issues are the result of an ongoing system migration on the free hosting cluster. All accounts are being moved from the old storage system (responsible for issues like this one) to a new cloud storage system. This new storage system should help ensure a fast and reliable hosting experience in the future.

Unfortunately, migrating millions of websites is complicated. We are trying to keep the interruptions to a minimum, but there will likely be some time where your website may be unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and hope the end result will be worth it.

What does the procedure look like?

The migration is performed by syncing everything twice.

First, all accounts have been copied from the old storage system to the new one. After the first synchronization was completed, the web servers were moved from the old storage system to the new one.

However, as some time had passed between the first migration, the switch to the new storage system might have “rolled back” your files a few days.

The second synchronization run is now in progress, moving all files which were not migrated in the first run as well.

When will this issue be resolved?

We hope to be able to migrate everything within the next week.

Awesome, can you send a mail to every active user next time please? I would appreciate it if I would be informed about issues.

Would be nice to make announcement to users client areas then.

@aow-samp said:
Awesome, can you send a mail to every active user next time please? I would appreciate it if I would be informed about issues.

Well, there are two important things to note:

• If everything went well, the migration would be seamless for most website and have only minor effects on the rest. Nobody expected the migration to cause as much downtime as it does.
  • Which is likely why iFastNet chose to not notify us beforehand either. I only learned about the migration yesterday and got all the details this morning. I prefer to announce big changes like this beforehand too, but I can’t inform you about changes I don’t know about either.

Does migration take a long time?

Have you any idea How much time you need? If you can enable database that would be better.

Please look at the issue in video…

@Admin said:

It’s “this week” now. But that’s the best time estimation I have right now.

@Admin said:

@Admin said:

It’s “this week” now. But that’s the best time estimation I have right now.

That’s good!

I dont see what is the problem of most of the people here… Its free and you want someone to excuse to you because he is making changes for a better FREE service ?!

P.P, As a WEB DEV I do cnow that ONLY mooving of one website could take hours depending of what is inside. For example I have an osclass instalation for classifieds adds and if there ware for example 1 000 adds ( probably not possible, but… ) and that shoud mena that I have atleast 700 users… It would take an hour to move only the files. Now do that with a miilion of websites in this free services… So its normal to took long time

BE GRATEFUL THAT THERE IS A FREE HOSTING LIKE THIS, YOU DUMMIES! \Because if someone decides to cancel this you will all miss it ang go back to the stupid 00webhost in which you will never have the abillity to do things you do here!

I have to assume that you ( like me ) most of users here dont have money to spend for hosting… Which means whatever they give you, you should be grateful. Probably few are devs that are just using it to test things, but they cnow that tech is expensive and they will never open their mouth. When you start payng for hosting or payng the bills, then you can say I wish or I want!

If you want it your way, use your pc, there is allot of free software to do that. But owh wait…someone should pay the electricity of this PC because if you want your website to be in google, shoud run 24/7 also for the SEO and for your users, and you will need better internet to maintain more than 10 users in one time… So eve in that way is not cheap…

Big deal they didnt wanr you for making better services for you… us…

I agree with you :smile:
when you mentioned 000Webh***
I want to say that there every websites gets 1 hour of sleep every day
(website will not be accessible to the public)
so InfinityFree is a very good choice

@aow-samp said:

great idea

@prodavalnik said:
I dont see what is the problem of most of the people here… Its free and you want someone to excuse to you because he is making changes for a better FREE service ?!

P.P, As a WEB DEV I do cnow that ONLY mooving of one website could take hours depending of what is inside. For example I have an osclass instalation for classifieds adds and if there ware for example 1 000 adds ( probably not possible, but… ) and that shoud mena that I have atleast 700 users… It would take an hour to move only the files. Now do that with a miilion of websites in this free services… So its normal to took long time

BE GRATEFUL THAT THERE IS A FREE HOSTING LIKE THIS, YOU DUMMIES! \Because if someone decides to cancel this you will all miss it ang go back to the stupid 00webhost in which you will never have the abillity to do things you do here!

I have to assume that you ( like me ) most of users here dont have money to spend for hosting… Which means whatever they give you, you should be grateful. Probably few are devs that are just using it to test things, but they cnow that tech is expensive and they will never open their mouth. When you start payng for hosting or payng the bills, then you can say I wish or I want!

If you want it your way, use your pc, there is allot of free software to do that. But owh wait…someone should pay the electricity of this PC because if you want your website to be in google, shoud run 24/7 also for the SEO and for your users, and you will need better internet to maintain more than 10 users in one time… So eve in that way is not cheap…

Nobody has a problem with that ?! I can understand that everyone (including me) was asking what’s going on. And that’s for our own debate. So what’s YOUR problem ?

Can there be any connection to the fact that my site is redirected to suspendeddomain.org and I have no information about it in my client are ?

@SantaHey said:
Can there be any connection to the fact that my site is redirected to suspendeddomain.org and I have no information about it in my client are ?

It should be different case. Try logging in to your cPanel and see the reason. It’s usually marked by red rectangle around the message

Oh! Will InfinityFree supply another website editor in the account menu, like before with SitePro?

@prodavalnik said:

I don’t know why my mind makes me read comments like this, as if they were meant for me, anyway, I love InfinityFree and I am very grateful for it, I hope you have a great week!~

1 Like

@SantaHey said:

I doubt it, it I can’t think of any reason why the system migration would cause redirects to suspendeddomain.org. Maybe one of the other known causes could explain your situation? https://infinityfree.net/support/why-does-my-domain-redirect-to-suspendeddomain-org/

@sepnaweb said:
need i to backup my website files?

Yes and no.

Yes, you should always make your own backups of your website. We don’t keep old copies of websites we host, so having your own backups is necessary in case you delete something by accident. And even if a hosting provider does promise to keep backups for you, it’s still a good idea to have your own backups (in case the hosting provider’s backups break or they won’t provide them).

However, making backups now isn’t going to help with this migration. If your website hasn’t been (fully) moved yet the most recent version of your website is still on the old system and will be moved over soon (so your backup would not contain the right contents). Or your website has already been migrated, and the website will just keep working.

Hey, suddenly my site shows a colorful page saying “Epizy.com”, “Hosting Webhosting”, “Webhosting Server” etc in a row. No 404 or other error messages… Is this part of the migration or has something else happened? Thanks

in the source of my page i see this wierdness, what the **** is that about? → data-adblockkey=“RANDOMlettersANDnumbersANDwhatNOT”…