Deactivated my website - How long will it take to be gone?

Hi there,

Back some time ago I decided to deactivate one of my websites. When I try to go to my address, it works fine as if it never existed. However, I have a question about this.
Where can I see how many days left until it actually get deleted?
Edit: It says 90 days but I feel like I’ve been waiting 100 already.

Thanks in advance.

I swear my deactivated account was terminated even before 90 days passed.
Which address you go to tho? If you still hosting site on that account it can’t be terminated until all the domains/subdomains/etc will be removed

I understand that the text “after 90 days” is ambiguous. But it’s supposed to mean that the account would be kept for at least 90 days, after which it’s eligible for deletion.

As to when it actually will be deleted depends on when a cleanup job is run. And the cleanup run is started at arbitrary moments, so it’s possible the account is deleted right away after 90 days or weeks or months later.

@Admin According to @MrJunior , is it true that I have to delete all stuff from that deactivated account? Let’s take a Wordpress installation for example on a site. I’m talking about www.298.rf.gd by the way.

Sorry for the late reply.

Yes you should, actually the system shouldn’t let you deactivate account if you haven’t removed all domains and etc.

About terminating: maybe they running check e.g. every month on 15th, if you have deactivated account on 16th, this can take 1 more month if in moment of checking your account, it was deactivated 89d23h59m ago, not 90d so it’s still alive.

Your website doesn’t looks like wp tho

@TB0Y298 said:
@Admin According to @MrJunior , is it true that I have to delete all stuff from that deactivated account? Let’s take a Wordpress installation for example on a site. I’m talking about www.298.rf.gd by the way.

You just need to remove the domains from the account first. If you don’t, the domains would still be linked to the deactivated account, and cannot be used on other account. This caused a lot of confusion (people thought deactivated meant deleted, which means all domains can be used elsewhere), which is why it’s now mandatory to remove the domains first.

The files and databases can stay there. They’ll be deleted when the account is deleted, but you don’t need to remove them to deactivate the account.

@Admin said:

@TB0Y298 said:

You just need to remove the domains from the account first. If you don’t, the domains would still be linked to the deactivated account, and cannot be used on other account. This caused a lot of confusion (people thought deactivated meant deleted, which means all domains can be used elsewhere), which is why it’s now mandatory to remove the domains first.

The files and databases can stay there. They’ll be deleted when the account is deleted, but you don’t need to remove them to deactivate the account.

So what if I did remove the domain before deactivating already? Imagine if it’s on 89d23h59m days right now and I’m activating this “just to check”. :frowning:

Actually 90 days timeout is for giving you ability to save files in that period, everything could go wrong so maybe you’d need them, and i think you’re caring too much about this account…

@TB0Y298 said:
So what if I did remove the domain before deactivating already?

I know you have deleted your domains before deactivating the account, because you cannot deactivate an account while it still has domains.

@TB0Y298 said:
Imagine if it’s on 89d23h59m days right now and I’m activating this “just to check”. :frowning:

Reactivating the account and deactivating it again resets the timer. So if you want the account to be deleted soon, you shouldn’t touch it.

@Admin said:

@TB0Y298 said:

I know you have deleted your domains before deactivating the account, because you cannot deactivate an account while it still has domains.

@TB0Y298 said:
Imagine if it’s on 89d23h59m days right now and I’m activating this “just to check”. :frowning:

Reactivating the account and deactivating it again resets the timer. So if you want the account to be deleted soon, you shouldn’t touch it.

Okay then I’m not touching it until new year 2020.
It just bothers me that it’s such a long time but maybe “I’m caring too much”.

@TB0Y298 said:

@Admin said:

@TB0Y298 said:

@TB0Y298 said:

Okay then I’m not touching it until new year 2020.
It just bothers me that it’s such a long time but maybe “I’m caring too much”.

By that time, you probably won’t be able to touch it anymore.

Also, pro tip, instead of deactivating the account, you can also just keep it active. Ironically, the inactivity cleanup deletes accounts sooner than the deactivation system.

I don’t like that either, but that’s a consequence of how the account cleanup works.