Disappearing Files

hi guys, i have a peculiar problem. I keep on uploading a zip folder via ftp but they keep disappearing on the server. The upload from Filezilla completes successfully but on the server it’s not present. How do is solve this?

Hello, please check out Knowledge Base before asking something here, there’s a lot of frequently asked questions and this is one of them, here’s the link: https://infinityfree.net/support/why-are-my-files-deleted-after-uploading/

Hello, i actually checked before posting here. I guess my search string wasn’t on point. Thank you so much for pointing that out.

@MrJunior i still cannot upload files to a subdomain i created. I tried 1) uploading to xxx.xxx.com/htdocs and they still get deleted. i tried to upload to xxx.xxx.com/htdocs/one/htdocs.
They still get deleted. Please help

What file you’re trying to upload(file.ex), size?

Generally the most they could get is 50MB on the higher side. The specific one i’m uploading is 21MB. Its a zip file.

@Kafkafranz said:
Generally the most they could get is 50MB on the higher side. The specific one i’m uploading is 21MB. Its a zip file.

Did you read actually what @MrJunior gave you? There it says:

If you try to upload a file bigger than 10 MB to your account, it will be deleted.

Just unzip the contents of the ZIP file to your computer and upload them all with Filezilla, the method is described here: https://infinityfree.net/support/how-to-upload-big-files-archives/

@ChrisPAR i did read what @MrJunior said & yes I’m using filezilla. All the numerous times i have tried i have been using filezilla.
Let me try uploading without zipping

@Kafkafranz said:
@ChrisPAR i did read what @MrJunior said & yes I’m using filezilla. All the numerous times i have tried i have been using filezilla.

Adding More in @ChrisPAR answer
If you upload file with size greater than 10MB and extension .zip, .rar, .gzip etc. then your files will automatically get deleted. You will need to upload all the files manually by extracting files on your computer first and then uploading them to your website.

@MAHOfficial said:

@Kafkafranz said:

If you upload file with size greater than 10MB and extension .zip, .rar, .gzip etc. then your files will automatically get deleted. You will need to upload all the files manually by extracting files on your computer first and then uploading them to your website.

No, .zip will not get deleted.

.rar will surely do because they do not allow IF to check contents of files.

@ChrisPAR said:

@MAHOfficial said:

@Kafkafranz said:

No, .zip will not get deleted.

.rar will surely do because they do not allow IF to check contents of files.

I mean that .zip files will get deleted if there size is greater than 10 MB

file with size greater than 10MB and extension .zip, .rar, .gzip etc.

If file size is greater than 10MB, files with any extension will get deleted.

Also this does not work for .htaccess, because it needs to be 10KB only.

@MAHOfficial @ChrisPAR thank you so much guys. let me try it out again