Right now, it seems like there is an issue with the nameservers of free hosting. This appears to have started some time on the 13th of January, seemingly around 19:00 UTC.
All websites that use our nameservers are affected by this issue. This includes all free subdomains and all custom domains that do not use external nameservers (like Cloudflare).
Some of our own systems, like the control panel, are affected by this issue as well.
You will see some error indicating a DNS issue. In Google Chrome and Chromium-based browsers, this error is shown as
We are doing our best to get these issues resolved as soon as possible. Unfortunately, we don’t have enough details to tell how soon that will be.
Upgrades are being performed on the nameservers that should solve these issues.
At this time, our recommendation is to wait for the system upgrade to complete and this issue to be fixed.
If you insist on doing something right now, and if you have a custom domain, you can switch your domain name to other nameservers, such as the ones provided by your domain registrar or from a separate provider like Cloudflare.
We are aware of the issue and are doing our best to get this resolved as soon as possible.
I completely understand that this may cause confusion and you will have additional questions. I am happy to provide any information I have to help you.
However, to keep the contents of this topic clean, clear and concise, I ask that you carefully read the Outage Communication Rules before posting.
In a nutshell:
- Please keep the posts about the outage in this topic, and all posts not about this outage outside of this topic.
- Please post relevant questions only that have not been answered yet. It may be compelling to ask obvious questions like “when will this be fixed”, but basic information like that will be put in this message as soon as we know it.
- Please carefully check the known symptoms and affected components.
- If you are on the affected components, you are almost certainly affected by the outage. If so, please refrain from simply stating you are affected, it does not help get your service back up faster.
- If you are not on the affected components but do experience all of the symptoms, please say so below so we can check if our list is incomplete.
- If you do not experience all listed issues and are not on the components that are known to be affected, the issue you are experiencing is most likely not related to this outage. If so, please create a new topic in the Hosting Support category and describe the issue there.
- If you say you are affected by the outage, please always include your website URL. I can’t check if you are affected by the outage if you don’t say which of your websites is affected.
Posts that do not follow these rules may be deleted without warning. This is to help ensure that all the relevant information is easily available to everyone reading this topic.