DNS Outage at iFastNet: Softaculous down

Since August 11 22:00 UTC, there appears to be an outage at iFastNet’s main DNS servers. This means that iFastNet’s own domains (primarily ifastnet.com and it’s subdomains) are currently unreachable. The DNS servers for hosted websites are still working.

InfinityFree is largely unaffected by this outage, except for Softaculous: scriptinstall.rocks is also using the main DNS servers of iFastNet, and as such is unreachable at this time.

As far as I can tell, it’s impossible to install scripts with Softaculous right now while iFastNet is fixing their nameservers.

Update: it appears that the DNS were restored around August 12 19:00 UTC.

Also, some previous investigation turned out that it appears to have been a problem with the DNS glue records for the byethost.org domain. The ifastnet.org nameservers are themselves hosted on the byethost.org domain. So a problem with that single domain appears to have caused widespread problems among all the domains of iFastNet. As to what was the cause for these records to disappear, I don’t know.

2 Likes

if softaculous is down, so… when it will come back? and where i can install script without softaculous?

It will come back after iFastNet has fixed their nameservers.

To install scripts manually, you should extract the zip file of the script you’re going to install on your computer, upload the files inside the extracted folder of the script to the htdocs folder with a FTP client, and edit the configuration file on the htdocs folder, after creating the database on the “MySQL Databases” section of the Control Panel, to include the new database host, database name, username and password with the File Manager.

1 Like

Hello. Please fix this site soon :slight_smile: I will buy a premium package.

We cannot fix this. iFastNet is already solving the issue, and after it’s done, Admin will edit this topic saying it’s fixed and may unpin it globally.

Some paid hosted sites are affected.
I think I broke it by purchasing a plan LOL

1 Like

You may need to wait until iFastNet fixes the issue on some servers.

Well my domain got suspended. So this is the end. I do not recommend this worthless host.

I bought a host and domain from Godaddy now. Its really cheap and OMG it’s so much faster than this.

Remember this is free hosting. GoDaddy is paid hosting…

2 Likes

If you really want something LIKE softaculous, use Installatron.

Its a third party website so you will need ftp creds and stuff so it can upload stuff to your website.

https://installatron.com

1 Like

Seems to be back online now.

1 Like

Well, it’s not exactly surprising that paid hosting is better than free hosting. iFastNet’s premium hosting is cheap and much faster than our hosting as well. You get what you pay for and with free hosting, that’s not much.

2 Likes

Hello Admin

i am receiving this below error for last 3 days and when i reach ifastnet premium support they are saying its from your domain provider mean INFINITY not them so what is true how i can make it working. please guide me PS i am novice in all this .
THE ERROR IS
< This site can’t be reached

massagerepublicdubai.ml ’s server IP address could not be found.

• [Try running Windows Network Diagnostics](javascript:diagnoseErrors()).

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN<<

IF YOU PEOPLE CAN READ I SAID I AM NOVICE AND YOU MARKED MY PROBLEM AS IRRELEVANT BETTER TAKE TIME TO READ AND REPLY TO HELP
so mean people so here in this topic so important that u have time to flag my post but not time to help

You should create a new topic for the issue you’re experiencing instead of replying to an unrelated topic.

2 Likes

We are not your domain provider. The “domain provider” like the name suggests, is the company which provided you with the domain name. Given that you’re using a .ml domain, that’s probably Freenom.

Also, please read the initial full post of the topic, rather than just the first half of the title. The very first paragraph explicitly states:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 20 minutes. New replies are no longer allowed.