My domain is kamilakis.gr
I have updated my ns records to point at ns1.epoxy.com more than a week ago. It looks like the change hasn’t propagated yet. I understand that this might look as a domain problem rather that an epizy issue. Is there anyone that could potentially suggest anything on this?
My domain is kamilakis.gr
In order to help you, please provide your domain name.
This seems like an actual issue, I see your domain pointing to the correct nameservers, yet there seems to be some mix and match of records. No A records, just a weird server40.net SOA record. This is a peculiar case.
Whom is your domain registar?
Domain registar is ip.gr . Any help would be highly appreciated.
When did you change your nameservers?
Last Saturday the 14th of November. It’s surely more than 72 hours since then.
Something is up with your nameservers, dig with GoogleDNS shows you have set them, InfinityFree domain checker says there aren’t any, have you tried adding your domain to an account?
I show all the things you describe myself. I have also tried to add my domain to an account getting an “error adding domain” message. No other details were given.
It’s an odd issue, I have no clue, but i thought i’d say anyway.
- InfinityFree sees no nameservers
- Google sees nameservers
- Your domain isn’t already in the system
Hence the issue must be your domain registar or IF.
Your domain is not pointing to our nameservers, but to Server40’s ones. Please change them to ns1.epizy.com and ns2.epizy.com, and don’t add NS records which point to those nameservers, from your nameservers management panel. If your domain provider doesn’t let you save the changes with a DNS query refused error, maybe your ccTLD or domain registrar checks whether there are DNS records on the nameservers present on the domain, while we require setting up our nameservers in order to add DNS records for your domain. More of this can be found here.
Welcome to our forum.
Please provide your domain registrar
Didn’t see that.
Please read this.
; <<>> DiG 9.11.3-1ubuntu1.13-Ubuntu <<>> ns kamilakis.gr ;; global options: +cmd ;; Got answer: ;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 31854 ;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 2, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1 ;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION: ; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 512 ;; QUESTION SECTION: ;kamilakis.gr. IN NS ;; ANSWER SECTION: kamilakis.gr. 14399 IN NS ns1.epizy.com. kamilakis.gr. 14399 IN NS ns2.epizy.com. ;; Query time: 64 msec ;; SERVER: 18.104.22.168#53(22.214.171.124) ;; WHEN: Sat Nov 21 16:03:38 CET 2020 ;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 86
Another server for more proof:
; <<>> DiG 9.11.3-1ubuntu1.13-Ubuntu <<>> @ns1.hn.fyi ns kamilakis.gr ; (1 server found) ;; global options: +cmd ;; Got answer: ;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 5315 ;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 2, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1 ;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION: ; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 4096 ;; QUESTION SECTION: ;kamilakis.gr. IN NS ;; ANSWER SECTION: kamilakis.gr. 14400 IN NS ns2.epizy.com. kamilakis.gr. 14400 IN NS ns1.epizy.com. ;; Query time: 158 msec ;; SERVER: 126.96.36.199#53(188.8.131.52) ;; WHEN: Sat Nov 21 16:04:51 CET 2020 ;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 86
Results on that page clearly show that is a potential propagation issue. Unfortunately I have no way to show the update time, that was last Saturday.
dig ns +trace kamilakis.gr shows clearly
ns2.server40.net are applied to the domain nameservers, but the two results shown by the domain nameservers are those two NS records.
So the domain registar are using double nameservers, their nameservers to set nameservers. In this case @McKays please edit the authoritive nameserver setting and set it to ns1 & ns2 .epizy.com
Well if your all getting different results, then it’s a problem with the domain registrar.