Do not include www in your entry

Username (e.g. epiz_XXX) or Website URL

epiz_33777447

Error Message

Do not include www in your entry.

Other Information

Hello,

I’m having trouble configuring my subdomain on InfinityFree. It seems that the hosting prohibits me from using “www” as a subdomain and asks me to use my main domain if I want to use “www”.

However, I don’t want to use my main domain for this purpose and I need a solution to be able to use “www” as a subdomain.

Could you help me solve this problem? I would appreciate any advice or solution you can offer.

Thank you for your attention and I look forward to your response!

Welcome!

When you add a domain name, the “www” variant is automatically created for you.

Just follow this guide to force the “www” version of your site once you have the account setup:

5 Likes

Great, thank you for your prompt response!

I understand that the “www” variant is automatically created when adding a domain name. However, my problem is that I don’t want to modify the DNS servers of my main domain.

Is there any way to register “www” without having to add the main domain to my account? I would appreciate any suggestions or alternatives you can offer.

Thank you again for your help!

You have to change your nameservers to add a domain to your account.

But after the domain is added, you can change your nameservers back to whatever you would like them to be, then just point the “www” subdomain to InfinityFree using an A record pointing to the IP address that will show in the client area after your account has been created.

Do note though that it is not really a good idea to have different content on the base domain and on the “www” subdomain.

4 Likes

Thank you for your response and the information provided.

I understand that changing the name servers of my main domain is necessary to add a domain to my account. However, I’m hesitant to do this as I would lose some functions provided by my current domain provider.

That being said, I appreciate the suggestion of pointing the “www” subdomain to InfinityFree using an A record pointing to the IP address provided in the client area. I will try this solution.

Thank you again for your help, and please note that although it may not be recommended, I do plan to redirect my main domain to the “www” subdomain.

Note that that will only work if the domain is connected to your account. And in order to connect the domain to your account, you have to change your nameservers.

Just alert your users ahead of time that you are expecting around 72 hours of downtime starting at x time for maintenance.

Gotcha, that is fine

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.