Does a redirect from ?i=1 violate TOS?

Hello.
My website URL is https://yourzombiemop.com
My account username is epiz_28307539

I am here to ask whether or not a redirection from the ?i=1 suffix link would be a violation of the TOS of InfinityFree; I have tested and confirmed usage of a .htaccess script that redirects an end user after the validation cookie (__test) has been installed.

.htaccess
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^(.)i=[^&]+(.)$ [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /$1?%1%2 [R=301,L]

Source: .htaccess - How to disable "?i=1" parameter in URL - Stack Overflow

It does not interrupt or circumvent the validation process, it simply redirects all users to a URL without the ?i=1 suffix, while retaining the validation cookie (__test).

Example
…/projects?i=1
would redirect to:
…/projects

This is simply for user convenience and appearance’s sake. It may also allow me to use APIs that have trouble with the ?i=1 suffix in the future as well.
After reading through the TOS a couple of times, I don’t see anything against this behavior. Still, before adding this server-side, I’d like to get confirmation from a moderator that implementing this script is allowed.

TL;DR: Is redirection via .htaccess from a URL suffixed by ?i=1 to a URL without this behavior acceptable under the InfinityFree TOS?

Thanks,
-Matthew

1 Like

Shd be ok.
I believe this method will erase all GET parameters. In case you want to install plugins or scripts to your website, they will not work. You will need to remove the code snippet from your .htaccess then.

Since you hv a custom domain, the easiest way will be to just use CloudFlare. You can look into the Community Guide for instructions.

5 Likes

Of course, that’s no problem!

The goal is that our hosting should only be used to host websites. Part of the reason we use the browser validation system is to enforce that. The ?i=1 suffix is the consequence of that system, but by no means a necessity.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.