Domain add

How to change subdomain url to my own domain without lossing any website posts.

You can add the domain as Parked Domain on top of your existing subdomain.

3 Likes

I changed subdomain to domain what next. My url is opening with subdomain.

Update your website URL to the parked domain. The exact steps vary depending on the website software you’re using. In WordPress, the setting in found in the WordPress admin under Settings → General.

2 Likes

WordPress url
Site url
Where can I add the domain

Both? Just replace any occurrence of old domain with your new one?

2 Likes

Domain added successfully. Also my website removed from Blacklist .

My subdomain url, Domain url both are working. How to fix.

Fix what exactly? If both domains are working, then what’s the thing that’s broken?

admin my addon domain keeps on telling

404!

We couldn’t find that page.

Please check to make sure you’ve typed the URL correctly.

This webserver is CaSe SenSiTiVe so ensure capital letters in the URL match the files uploaded.

help

After changing to domain my subdomain url
Is also working how to solve this.

Would you mind sharing which addon domain you’re talking about so we can check it?

After changing to domain, my subdomain url Is also working. how to solve.

Solve what? You just say both domains are working, so what needs to be solved?

I changed the subdomain url to domain url. Both url displaying one website. I want to stop my subdomain url . because it is blacklisted.

Thank you for clarifying your request. Your website is currently reachable both on the subdomain and on the parked domain, and you want to make sure the website is only available on the parked domain.

If you just want to get rid of the subdomain, you can probably just delete it through the Addon Domains menu. This will remove the subdomain from your account so it won’t show any website anymore.

Alternatively, you can setup .htaccess rules to redirect the subdomain to the parked domain. You can use a .htaccess snippet like this (of course, replace the subdomain and parked domains):

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^subdomain\.epizy\.com$
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ "http\:\/\/example\.com/$1" [R=301,L]

If you want to know more about how to setup .htaccess rules, please see this article:

https://infinityfree.net/support/how-to-set-custom-htaccess-rules/

3 Likes

I deleted subdomain in addon domain area. subdomain url not working shows suspension information.

Domain is working.

Now can i edit htaccess file ? is it necessary.

Any edit to htaccess, Domain shows 404 error.

If you already deleted the subdomain, you can skip the .htaccess rules. Those rules were only necessary IF you want to redirect the subdomain to the parked domain. If you’ve already removed the subdomain, those .htaccess rules wouldn’t do anything anymore.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.