Domain name transfered to IF, content uploaded, but no connection to domain

Yep! Delete it from the “Addon Domain” section, reload the control panel, then add it to the “Parked Domains” section. Afterwards, you will probably need to clear your cache.

2 Likes

I cannot find any domain name folder.

I do not want TWO domains. I want one. I understand that my domain name needs to connect with the IF account. But I seem to not be able to connect the two. As I said, I cannot list my domain name as a parked domain because I get the error that :
vasilyfedorouk.com is already assigned to an account and in use on another account…

What to do, please?

Delete it from the “Addon Domains” section first. See my above reply.

1 Like

I cleared cache (using Edge for this), refreshed my control panel. Clicked on Addon Domains.
What I see is this:
Modify Addon Domain
Addon Domains Document Root Actions
vasilyfedorouk.epizy.com /home/vol7_2/epizy.com/epiz_31348470/htdocs

But the only button I can select is to DELETE… which I assume means to delete my account in IF.

I see NO reference to my domain name vasilyfedorouk . com

I also tried to do this in Chrome… same results. I cannot find any reference to my domain name inside my epizy control panel.

Does IF not have any tech support to help this problem? I seem so close to solving this issue. I need the site up before the gallery I applied for tries to have a look at the site. Getting really stressed about this.

It’s a free service, and tech support cost money.

No, that would just delete the domain, but that’s not the domain you want to delete. Open this page here and enter the domain name, it will tell you where it is.

1 Like

Thanks. I am happy to pay you for your assistance… ok, so I clicked your link and it seems good news, other than… I still do not know what to do.

The domain is assigned to one of your hosting accounts and is ready to host your website.

Account epiz_31545521
Website Folder htdocs

Cool. $100, Il’l send you my PayPal details :slight_smile:

It looks like this domain has its own account? And you want both domain to share the same files, right?

1. Open me
  2. Open the control panel
  3. Find “Addon Domains”
  4. Locate your custom domain and click “Delete”
  5. Open the control panel of the account where you were before
  6. Go to “Parked Domains” and add the custom domain
  7. Let me know once you have done that

I had already uploaded the pages to the account and was just waiting for the DNS address to move… the site works
http://vasilyfedorouk.epizy.com/bio.htm

so the problem is still how to accurately get the real domain to point to the IF name.

See my post above

1 Like

Wait, how did you do that? On your “Open Me” number 1, I clicked and under Domain and Subdomains, I see vasilyfedorouk. com
I do not remember seeing that there before!

WHAT?? Those are the exact same steps I did before, only now, I see only the vasilyfedorouk. com domain and not the IF one.

but as I tried to add it to parked domain, this time, I got a different error:
Error #93681767457 Please contact support.

Are you sure you are not support for IF? I mean, these are all the steps I did several times already and this time, with
a different outcome… not quite the definition of insanity, is it?

Any ideas of what to do next? Is it a wait to let the delete from Addon sink in?

I just shared with you the exact same link you shared with me :slight_smile:

Because I think you have two different hosting accounts.

You need to add it to your other account.

I am technically support, yes. But I also do it because I love InfinityFree, not because I get paid (I’m a volunteer that helps out whenever I feel like it).

Delete the custom domain using the steps above, then open the control panel of the IF subdoman account and add it there.

1 Like

when you say “custom domain” you actually mean my domain name, the one I own regardless of where the account is hosted… correct.

I have no idea how I could have messed this up so royally. Thank you for the help. Chatting with my dad at the moment, so give me a wee bit of time to have a good read on your comments, please.

1 Like

Custom domain refers to vasilyfedorouk.com
IF domain / Subdomain refers to vasilyfedorouk.epizy.com

2 Likes

Well, sir, or ma’am, you have humbled me more than before. How could I have created TWO accounts with the same entrance codes and without knowing I did so?
I have deleted the second account, but I understand it will not be truly deleted for a while.

However, in going back to the original account, I am chasing my tail again with no results. You are correct, I have use of only one custom domain name site and assumed that the host would give my site one name, then redirect it all to the domain name purchased elsewhere.

Correct. It will be removed in 60 days. You did delete the domain from it first though, right?

Nope :slight_smile: The host assumed nothing. You told it to make them separate.

After you deleted the domain from the old account, add it to the original one under “Parked Domains”.

2 Likes

Congrats @sculptorVF, it’s working now!

User was assisted over PM

2 Likes

I am thrilled! One of my three browsers does not see the bio page on the domain address, but exists on the epizy address. I suspect that the DNS cache thing is different wait times for each browser? And I think some images did not transfer over, and I could not know it until the domain moved over. … so, some little repairs. :smiley:

Anyway, I cannot thank you enough. Now I need to figure out how to make the site https:// and then play with design so the site looks good on phones or laptops.

Kelly for Vasily

Thanks again Greenreader9!

Yep. Here is how you can clear your cache, it should work now!

https://tinkertechlab.com/webhosting/security/how-to-clear-your-browsers-cache

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.