Domain Pointing

I did what you said but it didn’t help at all, nothing appeared, just the same message, what do I do now?

What’s the issue?

On the page in the screenshot, you select the domain for which you want to enable errors, then click Alter PHP Directives. Then you’ll be brought to a page where you can enable errors for that particular site.

I did this and checked the error.

The issue is caused by the fact that the index.php file of your site does not contain valid PHP code. Instead, you just replaced the contents with some WordPress data export file.

But if you want to import an existing website, this is not the way to do it. As you can actually read in the file itself:

<!-- To import this information into a WordPress site follow these steps: -->
<!-- 1. Log in to that site as an administrator. -->
<!-- 2. Go to Tools: Import in the WordPress admin panel. -->
<!-- 3. Install the "WordPress" importer from the list. -->
<!-- 4. Activate & Run Importer. -->
<!-- 5. Upload this file using the form provided on that page. -->
<!-- 6. You will first be asked to map the authors in this export file to users -->
<!--    on the site. For each author, you may choose to map to an -->
<!--    existing user on the site or to create a new user. -->
<!-- 7. WordPress will then import each of the posts, pages, comments, categories, etc. -->
<!--    contained in this file into your site. -->

But before you can do that, you need to restore the original WordPress code. You can do that by replacing the current index.php file of your site with one from a fresh copy of WordPress. The process is pretty similar as we’ve described here, except now it’s very likely to only be a single corrupted file:

After that, you should be able to login and import the data file according to the instructions contained within.

But that’s not the recommended way to migrate a website. This is our recommended method:

As a tip in general: please carefully read instructions. If you get stuck, please consider asking for help instead of making your own assumptions on what to do. And always tell exactly what you are trying to do and what you did, and where you are stuck.

This applied both to information provided by us and by WordPress. All the issues here could have been avoided and fixed by correctly following instructions instead of making assumptions about how things should work (e.g. replacing WordPress core files with backup data or looking for an error message without enabling error messages).

5 Likes

I can’t access wordpress, how can I download this file?

Please read this article and follow the instructions in it:

In short: the file can be downloaded from wordpress.org.

5 Likes

hello, I cried another account all from scratch, I installed wordpress correctly and made the hostinger point to infinityfree, but the error with the hostinger domain only opens with the free dminio, see

I see this

Please make sure your had indeed installed WordPress on the correct hosting account

2 Likes

yes, see

Take note

So which domain is having issue… custom domain or free subdomain?
You are confusing all of us…

I created a website here at infinityfree and I’m trying to put a custom domain that I bought at hostinger, I simply want to put a custom domain, but I’ve tried several ways and it didn’t work, but that’s all I want, can you help me,
this is the free domain
http://olheagoranews.infinityfreeapp.com/ I want to exchange for this one
looknownews.online

I see this

You need to do this

then add domain to hosting account.

Let us know once this is done

1 Like

put the wrong name, look what it says, everything is fine, but it does not open in the custom domain

Of course it doesn’t.
There is no Wordpress installed.

You need to do this

from olheagoranews.infinityfreeapp.com to olheagoranews.online

Redirecting from olheagoranews.infinityfreeapp.com to olheagoranews.online does not work as
olheagoranews.online is empty

If you want to put WordPress on your custom domain, then please install WordPress on your custom domain. If you install WordPress on your free subdomain, then you’ll have WordPress on your free subdomain, not on your custom domain.

I see you’ve created an account with a free subdomain, installed WordPress on the free subdomain, and then added your custom domain to the account as an Addon Domain.

But an Addon Domain creates a separate website. It doesn’t automatically get the same site as your free subdomain. If that’s what you want to do, you can add it as a Parked Domain on top of your free subdomain.

Or you can just forget about the site on the subdomain and start over on your custom domain.

Please think carefully before taking this approach. You’ve tried moving WordPress before, that failed, and then you went on to start over. You may want to prevent having to move the files again.

And if you want to start over, then please start by installing WordPress to the correct domain in the first place.

If you had trouble moving the site before, you may have the same problem again now.

4 Likes

shouldn’t wordpress be installed on the hosting? that’s what I did, I installed it here at infinityfree and then I just wanted to change the domain, which I was able to do easily on blogger, but it doesn’t accept wordpress, I created a site there, bought a domain on hostinger and pointed it to it, everything worked fine without No problem, I’m already here simply to change a domain, it’s been more than a month and I can’t do it, I do what I say but it doesn’t work, I almost gave up hosting my website here, I think I’m going to have to buy it to stop the headache for something so simple, since none of you can help me, because until now I haven’t been able to change if you want a domain here, a simple, complicated domain, that’s all I want to change the domain

Yes, WordPress is installed on your hosting account. But a single hosting account can have multiple domain names, and each of these domain names can have their own, completely separate website from the other domains on the account.

So it’s entirely possible to have WordPress on one domain, another domain with Joomla, and a third domain with MyBB. All on the same account with no interference between eachother.

If you want your custom domain to show the same site as the subdomain, you’ll need to add it as a Parked (Alias) Domain. That way, both domains are linked to the same directory.

Or like I said before: if you want to install WordPress on your custom domain, then please install WordPress on your custom domain. Don’t just install it “on the hosting”, because that’s not how it works.

You’re making us very hard to help you, because you keep making invalid assumptions about how things work. First with the backup restoration, then with the file migration, now with how to install WordPress.

Like I said before:

So, like I said:

It’s really not that complicated to setup a WordPress site.

1. Configure your domain to point to our nameservers.
  2. Create an account for your domain name.
  3. Install WordPress on the domain with Softaculous.

If you get lucky with DNS caching, you can have a fully working WordPress in maybe 10 minutes or less. It’s really this simple if you follow these steps.

So you have two options to get WordPress set up on your own domain.

• Option 1: Simply go into Softaculous, and install WordPress on your domain. You’ll get a fresh installation, and you’re done in 2 mintues.
  • Option 2: Remove your domain from the Addon Domains page and add it to the Parked Domains page, making it an alias of your subdomain. Then, go into your WordPress settings, and update the website URL there.

It’s really not that complicated. Just please follow the instructions. We’re here to help you, but we can only do that if you follow our instructions.

5 Likes

I made another account with the direct links to the personalized domain, could you please check it for me, I installed wordpress on the domain olheagoranews.online, now waiting to see if it works, the one showing an error, could it be because I did it right now?

I checked http://olheagoranews.online. I see it’s assigned to account epiz_33695587, and that a WordPress site is active on the domain.

So I think that all is looking good?

I don’t know what the error message in your screenshot says exactly. But if you already install WordPress in Softaculous and don’t see the site, then just doing the same installation again is not going to solve it.

If you don’t see your site yet, please note that due to DNS caching it may take up to 72 hours for the site to start working on your end, although there are some workarounds you can try:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.