Domains redirect to ads pages

Domains redirect to ads pages / ?z

There appears to be a problem with the nameservers, causing the right IP addresses for domain names to be removed from the nameservers and replaced with the address of the parking pages from Bodis.

What are the symptoms?

• Your domain name redirects to an advertisement page.
  • Your domain name shows a blank page and is suffixed with ?z (e.g. http://example.com?z).

What caused this issue?

In order to make the nameservers work fast from all over the world, they are not single servers in one location, but clusters of servers all over the world, so you can quickly find your website through the nameservers closest to you.

Normally, all these global locations are synchronized, so your domain name can be reached anywhere in the world. But at this time, there is a problem with the synchronization, causing many domains to return incorrect results or no results at all.

When will this be resolved?

I am still waiting on iFastNet for more information about this. I will update this topic as soon as I know more.

What can I do in the mean time?

If you have your own domain name, you could (temporarily) move it to other nameservers. Cloudflare is free and a popular choice, with the added benefit of increased website performance and free SSL.

Alternatively, it appears that removing and re-adding the domain from your account may cause the settings of your domain name to be pushed through the network. But it’s unclear at this time how long this workaround lasts.

iFastNet has fixed the nameservers last night, and corrected a number of corrupted domain names. All DNS records should be correct again, but please note that due to DNS propagation it can take a day or two for your website to be accessible again everywhere.

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.