Edit backupinfo file in softaculous

Username (e.g. epiz_XXX) or Website URL

Username: epiz_30777309, Website URL: refri.xyz
(please specify the website or account you are asking about)

Error Message

I want to restore a backup file on a new server. But I don’t know how to restore it properly. Start from editing backupinfo file and updating serialization count.
(please share the FULL error message you see)

Other Information

(other information and details relevant to your question)

Since you did not write clearly,

• So you already have a backup?

yes

You can ask your new server/host to assist you then.

I’m still using infinityfree as new server, But difference is in the account

This should serve as a guide

1 Like

In softaculous docs, there is a way to backup and restore, but I hardly understand how to editing backupinfo file and updating serialization count

Where are backup info and

Idk much about that, django - How serialize count() from sql query to JSON - Stack Overflow

Inside backup tar file

Are you backing up wordpress?

Softaculous has backup and restore features, but their have a custom format for doing backups. So you can load a Softaculous backup into Softaculous to restore it, but not import backups from other systems.

I also don’t know exactly how well that backup feature works here. We have a more or less custom implementation of Softaculous and I don’t know if all Softaculous features work properly.

What did you use to create your backup? If you just have an archive of the files and a .sql dump, I would suggest following this guide instead:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.