Elementor updates failing install, is it my issue?

**My website URL is:**woodhurstoaks.com

What I’m seeing is:

I’m using this software: WordPress version 5.3, Current theme: OceanWP (version 1.7.3)
Current plugin: Elementor (version 2.8.0), PHP version 7.3.6

WordPress version 5.3, Elementor (version 2.8.0), PHP version 7.3.6, the FTP client is FileZilla, File Manager is from cpanel.epizy.com, web browser is Firefox 71.0 (64-bit)

Additional information:

I had another Elementor update failure today (from ver 2.8.0 to 2.8.1) which broke my website, I used the solution provided by Ergastolator1 in this recent thread Website broken after failed Elementor update to resolve the problem and get the site up.

Elementor updates before 2.8.0 before installed with no problems. I’m wondering if it’s something with my site, Wordpress, or Elementor recent versions? Ver. 2.8.0 was the first one to fail the update, no problems with ver. 2.7.6 and earlier. If there’s something I’m doing or failing to do I’d like to know so I can fix it. Thank you for any/all responses :slightly_smiling_face:

Try to follow the new link present on my post on the topic you created, since I updated the post to include the new zip’s URL, and follow the instructions I posted there.

2 Likes

Sorry if I wasn’t clear in my initial post, when the update failed today I used your fix (topic 23961) to fix it for the Elementor 2.8.1 update that failed today, the site came up/was up before I started this topic today. Is there any way anybody can tell if it’s something with my site, or Elementor?

The good thing is now I know how to fix it. I found the easiest way for me is to delete the existing htdocs/wp-content/plugins/elementor folder completely, dragging/dropping the new version to the htdocs/wp-content/plugins folder using FileZilla.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.