Email Account, Webmail, Forwarders issues

@Mr-AMB the ‘paid plan’ isn’t provided by InfinityFree, you’ll be buying the hosting account in iFastNet, the company that powers InfinityFree, and no, they don’t have problems like that.

Ok so I just signed up one of the main reasons I chose this hosting service is the email service the only reason I chose the free plan is because I wanted to test the services… one day in and your already in breach of your TOS. You should also consider changing your page are at this time and by your own admission you don’t provide email service at all. also your reactions to your customers is frankly shocking. And I have never seen a defense of if you want your promised service go somewhere else. but messaged received you don’t want customers.

@Damion said:
Ok so I just signed up one of the main reasons I chose this hosting service is the email service the only reason I chose the free plan is because I wanted to test the services… one day in and your already in breach of your TOS. You should also consider changing your page are at this time and by your own admission you don’t provide email service at all. also your reactions to your customers is frankly shocking. And I have never seen a defense of if you want your promised service go somewhere else. but messaged received you don’t want customers.

I would love to see the section you talk about

Here, I will even give you the link so you can come up with a reason: Terms of Service - InfinityFree

I will show you mine first:

1. DESCRIPTION OF SERVICE

“InfinityFree provides users with access to a rich collection of resources, including various communications tools, forums, shopping services, search services, personalized content and branded programming through its network of properties which may be accessed through any various medium or device now known or hereafter developed (the “Service”). You also understand and agree that the Service may include advertisements and that these advertisements are necessary for InfinityFree or it’s Partners to provide the Service. You also understand and agree that the Service may include certain communications from InfinityFree or it’s Partners, such as service announcements, administrative messages and the InfinityFree Newsletter, and that these communications are considered part of InfinityFree membership and you will not be able to opt out of receiving them. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any new features that augment or enhance the current Service, including the release of new InfinityFree properties, shall be subject to the TOS. You understand and agree that the Service is provided “AS-IS” and that InfinityFree assumes no responsibility for the timeliness, deletion, mis-delivery or failure to store any user communications or personalization settings. You are responsible for obtaining access to the Service, and that access may involve third-party fees (such as Internet service provider or airtime charges). You are responsible for those fees, including those fees associated with the display or delivery of advertisements. In addition, you must provide and are responsible for all equipment necessary to access the Service.”

Well let me get back to you on the specific TOS line but let me start by showing the legal liability your in.

False and Misleading Advertising
State and federal laws are in place to protect consumers from false or misleading advertising. These laws make deceptive claims illegal. No business may make false, misleading, or deceptive claims about a product regarding its:

Price
Quality
Purpose
Consumers who are victims of false or misleading advertising should contact an experienced lawyer to find out about his or her rights and actions that can be taken.

False advertising is any published claim that is deceptive or untruthful. Misleading advertising is any published claim that gives a consumer an incorrect understanding of the product they are interested in purchasing or using. The false and misleading advertising by companies of any product may result in the consumer suffering a financial loss, or another form of damage to the consumer.

The financial losses or damages acquired by a consumer due to the false or misleading advertising may not be significant. However, this is not a cost that any consumer should have to endure. Consumers who have suffered from financial losses or other damages may participate in a class action lawsuit to recover compensation for any losses incurred.

The Types of False and Misleading Advertising Tactics
There are several types of false and misleading advertising tactics used by companies to lure in unsuspecting consumers. Some of these tactics include:

Bait & Switch Advertising
High-Pressure Sales Tactics
Deceptive Form Contracts
Artificially Inflating Prices
Failure to Disclose
Bait & switch advertising is the advertising of a product that the business does not provide or does not intend to sell. Businesses usually lure consumers into stores by promising to sell or provide an item or service at a certain cost. Once the consumer is in the store, the business tries to sell the consumer a more costly item or service.

High-pressure sales tactics are used to get consumers to purchase a service or product that he or she does not want or does not intend to purchase.

Deceptive form contracts have ambiguous promises or fine print in their contracts that are usually overlooked or misunderstood.

Artificially inflating prices is used by businesses to give the illusion that a great deal on a product or service is available.

Failure to disclose is a term used for when a business does not inform consumers when an item or service is currently unavailable, or when an offer has expired.

**Consumers may be awarded a variety of remedies against any business that engages in false or misleading advertising. These remedies may include:

Monetary damages
Injunctions ordering the businesses to stop running the advertisements
Injunctions ordering the businesses to stop engaging in deceptive practices
Injunctions ordering the businesses to include disclosure statements in their advertising**
There are many more tactics that you may become victim to in terms of advertising. If you believe you have become the victim of false or misleading advertising, please contact the experienced consumer fraud attorneys at the law office of Jacoby & Meyers. We serve clients nationwide.

source: http://www.jacobymeyers.com/false-and-misleading-advertisi.html

@Damion said:
Consumers who are victims of false or misleading advertising should contact an experienced lawyer to find out about his or her rights and actions that can be taken.

A few things I would like to ask:

1. Did you contact a lawyer or did you just copy/paste this in hopes of intimidation and/or compensation for a product you pay nothing for?

2. You are aware that, with any free or discounted service, WYSIWYG right?

3. Are you running a business off of a free service in hopes of making money?

4. You do realize that this issue has almost nothing to do with InfinityFree and everything to do with their web hosting provider, IFastNet?

In short, IF (InfinityFree) owes you nothing and, in the very TOS I linked you to, they have every right to discontinue the service with or without prior notice and/or with or without reason.

They mearly exist because of advertising and ask for no money from anyone. Premium is an option if you don’t want these problems, but honestly, Yahoo, Google, Hotmail and others have the same functionality as the webmail does. In fact, I redirect all my mail to a single Gmail account for this very reason.

Granted, it’s annoying AT WORST, but there are workarounds if you care enough to look for them.

On a final note, please understand that nobody is forcing you to use this service and it comes at your own free will.

I have no interest in compensation I am out nothing more then time. Frankly my original post was meant to highlight the lack of customer appreciation. It shows a horrifying lack of professionalism. I am a developer in the game industry by no means is that a “I do this too so listen to me” deal. But more of I can’t believe what I am seeing. I own many businesses that I make money from I own a software contracting firm, a Tattoo studio, a new game company. I do make money from free services and open source software every day in fact every business does. I do understand that its a 3rd party software. Let me ask you a question do you know that TOS is not a legally binding document? Do you know that InfinityFree is accountable for false marketing practices. BTW that was copy and pasted from a website much like the TOS on this site. I know it’s hard dealing with angry customers. If you think this is bad try the game industry. All I am saying is legally you can’t advertise for a service you don’t offer, you don’t need to be a lawyer to know that. The other thing you can take or leave if you want is if you treat your customers like shit you will have no customer to click your ads. Oh you know infinityfree doesn’t have to offer free hosting to anyone. Maybe its time to consider a different payment model or at least try being respectful. But thats all I have no problem using this service while I design my site and then pay someone else to host it. But by simply saying that patience is appreciated and that the service will be discontinued until a new solution is found. Is all that is ever needed to be said but being publicly rude well that’s a great way to end up out of business. But what do I know, take leave it but don’t take anything here personal most of the people here know what is happening and are only upset what how your saying what your saying. Anyway its not my business that’s at risk I will sit comfy knowing that my customers are happy.

Anyone looking for a company that has good customer service free unlimited everything including unlimited free emails ssd storage many other services free for life with no forced ads check out freehosting.io. while it has its disadvantages like a small max file size it offers all the latest technology and without treating customers like they don’t mater. just a suggestion.

@Damion said:
Ok so I just signed up one of the main reasons I chose this hosting service is the email service the only reason I chose the free plan is because I wanted to test the services… one day in and your already in breach of your TOS. You should also consider changing your page are at this time and by your own admission you don’t provide email service at all.

First of all, some important points to note about this issue:

• The free hosting infrastructure, including the email system is maintained by iFastNet, not us.
  • iFastNet has the infrastructure and development capacity to make changes to the platform, including fixing the email system.
  • However, iFastNet has their own planning which I can’t see or influence. I can suggest changes to them, but I can’t control if or when they will be implemented.
  • iFastNet has told me the email issue would be fixed “in a few weeks”. This is the information I initially shared here as well. As you’ve noticed, it’s a few months later now and there are no signs of a solution in sight.
  • Email is, and always has been, a side gimmick on the service. We (and iFastNet) are a website hosting company, not an email hosting company. Critical issues with website hosting are promptly addressed, email hosting issues not so much.
  • I hate the current status as much as you do. I would like to be able to meet our promises and provide a working email service, but we have to rely on iFastNet to make this happen.

@Damion said:
I will sit comfy knowing that my customers are happy.

So do I, @Damion, so do I!

I don’t just want customers, I want happy customers. There are a few important aspects of what we do to make this happen:

• We try to provide the best service we can. That doesn’t mean the service is perfect, it’s as good as we can make it.
  • We try to keep expectations realistic. We are not claiming “better than paid hosting” or anything like that. And we’re not going to say “this issue will be fixed very soon” when we know that’s not the case.
  • We don’t want to keep anyone hostage. Sometimes, our best doesn’t meet your expectations. Some companies/people will beg their customers to stay by giving them gifts that loyal customers don’t get, or try to put up as many road blocks as possible to stop you from leaving. I think that kind of harassment is disgusting, and we will never engage in such practices.

We want you to be a happy website owner. We hope our service is good enough to make you a happy website owner with us, but we would rather see you be happy somewhere else than be unhappy with us. Making people happy is more important for us than making (i.e. forcing) them use our services.

@Damion said:
also your reactions to your customers is frankly shocking. And I have never seen a defense of if you want your promised service go somewhere else. but messaged received you don’t want customers.

Please keep in mind that I’m not an American. From what I’ve experienced with American companies, this “keep customers in at all costs” is quite common there.

But where I’m from, it’s more common to say “we only do business with nice people”, especially among smaller companies. So if a customer comes in, is angry, makes (unrealistic) demands and starts to throw insults around (general sketch, not referring to anyone specifically), we are not going to bend over backwards to reward their obnoxious behavior. We just tell them to go bother someone else.

If everyone did that, then people would have no choice but be nice, or they would not be able to do business with anyone.

Maybe you consider that to be unprofessional. But then please keep in mind that professionalism is not a universal concept, it’s heavily influenced by culture. Your idea of professionalism is probably heavily influenced by American culture. But neither we, nor iFastNet, nor many of our users, are American, so we have different cultural standards. Maybe you can keep that in mind when choosing a provider next time.

@Damion said:
Do you know that InfinityFree is accountable for false marketing practices.

I’m quite sure we aren’t. Because last time I checked, we don’t sell anything. I would like to be able to offer a full refund to all customers who purchased our services and didn’t get what we promised. However, we have no “customers”, because we don’t sell anything, and we can’t provide a refund on a payment we’ve never received.

Also, again, you’re projecting American standards onto the rest of the world. Your “state and federal law” is completely meaningless to us. We’re primarily bound by EU consumer protection laws, which share similar concepts, but not exact definitions, with laws in other countries.

@Damion said:
Maybe its time to consider a different payment model

Why? Our current strategy is working quite well for us, safe for the few people who demand more than we can give.

We could (and have) considered different payment models, but all of them involve ditching free hosting entirely. Maybe you would like to see that, but the hundreds of thousands of people who don’t need the email service so badly would be disappointed if their web hosting service (even if flawed) would be shut down.

@Damion said:
or at least try being respectful.

Have YOU tried to be respectful?

We clearly have different ideas about what it means to be respectful. I thought I was being respectful by being honest, informative, and providing generally useful advice on how you can get a working email service. I think it’s disrespectful when you’re being lied to about resolution times and when companies make false promised and biased recommendations on what is the best way to get a working service. I also think it’s disrespectful when you’re not willing to consider what someone else has to say, and antagonize them when they don’t say what you want to hear.

Again (third time’s the charm?), you’re projecting American standards onto the rest of the world. Being “respectful” is not the same all over the world either.

2 Likes

I am sorry you you find me disrespectful I am not sure where you are from and I wont pretend to know your culture but I can tell you that western culture very much is about customer satisfaction. Here customer will go where the are treated well. and I never suggested bending over backwards but arguing with customers well I don’t know any place that would ever be tolerated. I am already in the process of closing my account and I am guessing I am not the only one. My family has a saying you catch more flies with honey then vinegar. Bluntly put treating people poorly will chase people away not keep them close. Also you do business internationally and you offer a product and service for which you have a responsibility to people who use your service. in the US, Canada the EU, UAE, China, Mexico, Russia, Turkey, South Africa and many other countries all have consumer protections also the EU honers international consumer protections. I would be very careful I have done a lot of business with EU companies in France Germany and the Netherlands, you are opening your self up to a lot of liability issues I am not sure your are aware of. I want to stress this again I am not meaning to be rude nor do I care if you take this advice but you should speak with an attorney to make sure your liabilities are covered. I mean that because international laws especially with regard to the EU are are strict convoluted and impossible to understand even if you speak the language. For instance the EU’s newer personal data laws are a nightmare and even though I live in the USA If I have any customer in the EU I have to follow the laws or face some pretty devastating fines. anyway I am not sure if any of this is sinking in and I truly wish you the best but maybe consider taking letting your customers know that your no longer providing the service. I would look into specifically look into the “New Deal” passed in the EU you can find lots of information here https://ec.europa.eu There you will find that the EU honors the consumer laws of other countries and that free internet subscription services have the same protections as paid services.

BTW I have decided to post this a transcript of this forum a few places online including in some forms were my french art team frequent. I agree that I have an american point of view being american so I figured lets see what the world thinks. I have always thought that americans were the most rude culture on the planet I prefer to think in terms of the Japanese model of customer service and expect nothing less then perfection in my team when dealing with PR I love to study human nature so If I get any response I will be sure to forward them if your interested that is. market research after all is important in any business.

Oh dear, this discussion has really branched to literally everywhere.

I’ve read some post, and I’ve put interest in these TOS stuff. But before I’m going to talk about it, there is one thing i would like to write:

InfinityFree does provide mailing service, but is under “modification” state. This modification can be mean anything that related to the changes of the service. In this case (based on first post), this service is under migration phase that “current system has really hit it’s limits.”

And then regarding to modification. I would like to know about your opinion (and argument) to these ToS stuff, because there was a point where InfinityFree TOS stated that:

InfinityFree reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that InfinityFree shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.

I am also affected by this problem. But seeing all arguments written above, I do get confused with this line.

Wouldn’t this “Service” can also be translated as “mailing system”?
If it is, then I couldn’t see any “breaches” infinityfree had performed (simply because they had already wrote about it). I mean, even if you put this problem into court, wouldn’t that line can be used to deny all of those accusations (and the fact that we already agree with it upon registration)?

@Joo_Nath said:
Oh dear, this discussion has really branched to literally everywhere.

I’ve read some post, and I’ve put interest in these TOS stuff. But before I’m going to talk about it, there is one thing i would like to write:

InfinityFree does provide mailing service, but is under “modification” state. This modification can be mean anything that related to the changes of the service. In this case (based on first post), this service is under migration phase that “current system has really hit it’s limits.”

And then regarding to modification. I would like to know about your opinion (and argument) to these ToS stuff, because there was a point where InfinityFree TOS stated that:

InfinityFree reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that InfinityFree shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.

I am also affected by this problem. But seeing all arguments written above, I do get confused with this line.

Wouldn’t this “Service” can also be translated as “mailing system”?
If it is, then I couldn’t see any “breaches” infinityfree had performed (simply because they had already wrote about it). I mean, even if you put this problem into court, wouldn’t that line can be used to deny all of those accusations (and the fact that we already agree with it upon registration)?

I tried, @admin tried, but being an American myself, if people so get their way, they make a scene until they get what they want, no matter the cost. That’s all I see here.

OK, @Damion, I’m not going to respond to the contents of your message, as I would just be repeating what I’ve already said before.

I just have one question for you: why are you doing this? Are you hoping that if you make enough accusations, it will push us to fix the service sooner? Are you hoping to get money or some other kind of compensation? Or are you just looking for an apology? Are you trying to prove that you’re right and we’re wrong? Trying to teach us something about how you believe customer communication should be done?

All I see in your post history is that you came in and started to complain about ToS violations (not true), false advertising (partially true) and how you feel about my communication strategy. And I have honestly no idea what kind of reaction you had hoped to get.

So can you please enlighten me with your intention, so I can try to give you what you want?

@Admin can you unpin “Connection timed out on websites” thread btw?

bad gataway erro 520 sometimes erro 521 server is down or is returning unknown erro

this Message show alot and i cant log in my site " https://onwan.ml/"
please tell me how i can fix it

@onwann said:
bad gataway erro 520 sometimes erro 521 server is down or is returning unknown erro

this Message show alot and i cant log in my site " https://onwan.ml/"
please tell me how i can fix it

Sure, just create a new topic about the issue rather than hijacking literally the first, completely unrelated topic in the list.

Are the e-mails still unfit for purpose here, I have just create a new address, as well as tested an existing e-mail, and I have received neither of them to either inbox… I do feel somewhat deceived and ripped off by all this… I can, however, log in…

Why don’t the e-mails work…

Also, posting a completely random response here to remind everyone that this topic is about email account, webmail and forwarder issues. Messages which are not related to receiving email will be deleted.

If you have a different issue, please search the forum for existing relevant topics, or create a new topic.

Is the email service working properly now ? Also , are the MX records working?

Mohannad said:
Is the email service working properly now ? Also , are the MX records working?
I don't know of any notable DNS issues, specifically related to MX records.

Could you please go through the "Verifying your MX records" steps from this article? https://infinityfree.net/support/how-to-set-your-mx-record/